my pot smells like hay : (

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cryptorchi1d, Dec 2, 2006.

1. harvested on thanksgiving, dried for 5 days, utill stems snap, then into mason jars. i open the jars up for about 1/2 hour a day. the jars have a strong fruity smell, not like the skunk im used to. when you smell a bud, it smells like hay, but when u break it up in your fingers it smells like dank smells when you break it up. the smell doesnt really bother me, ive been smokin it for a week and i get blowed everyday. i just want to know if this is normal and if the buds will start to smell more like pot and less like hay?

2. your bud is dry now. now it needs to cure. this process will bring out the good smell and smooth flava!

3. I've even heard that after a good cure, buds will still continue to smell like hay/grass. I have never harvested a crop before, so I wouldn't know. I have taken a sample bud from my current grow, and dried it. It smells like grass too kinda. Definately not the skunky dank i'm used to. Hopefully a good cure will bring out the dank smell. If not, then I have no clue why this happens. I wonder if outdoor growers experience the same thing; perhaps it's just indoor growers. But one thing is for sure, experienced growers need to comment on this subject. Having potent weed smell like grass/hay is very disappointing.

4. the smell is from the chlorophyll still being in the bud, with a propper cure, it will break it down. that is why you cure buds, it is to break down the chlorophyll.

5. Did you flush 2 weeks before you harvested? I neglected to do that once and my buds smelled like grass clippings even after curing for 3 weeks.