My poor pineapple chunk :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 50Dave, Mar 8, 2012.

1. #1 50Dave, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012
    I just cant get its damn PH regulated. I was having to hit it with dolamite lime and water PH to 7.6 to get run off at 6.6. But the problems persist. Now with my recent watering/feeding of about 1/4 to 1/2 stregnth nutrients, The run off was at 7.1

I just cant win. Im afraid to add lower ph water and have it drop back down to 6.0 like it was 10 days ago. This is a barney's farm pineapple chunk with happy frog soil and fox farm trio of nutrients. It just started showing sex after about 9 days of flower. Lots of stretch though!

I am a little afraid to water her again to try and bring the PH down for fear of missing the mark or over watering her. Should I live the run off PH at 7.1 until my next watering/feeding or should I get back in there and keep hitting her with water untill its 6.5 and then hit her with a splash of nutes?

Attached Files:

2. you can't really overwater at this point.. (unless your drainage is really poor)

you got a pic of the whole plant?

the effected leaves.. are they all on the bottom? or all over the plant?
    is it getting worse?

3. It got worse so I tried to flush. I was using water with a ph of 5.5-6.0. After about 18 gallons of water, i got the run off to around 6.8-9. I hit it with 1/4 strength nutrients at the end. Hopefully this makes her happy. I will post some pics soon

4. Some of the leaves are turning into tacos.

I think it may have gotten worse in the last 5 hours lol.

This is so frustrating!

Attached Files:

5. Any updates? I just started a Pineapple Chunk a few weeks ago and I'm having pH troubles too.

6. Ill have some soon. I had to move the plant to my parents so they could watch it for me while my in laws visited. I may get it back, or I may let me dad keep it.

I have 4 other plants in veg right now.

7. its the (n) it not like

8. i dont get it? are you saying it doesnt like the nitrogen?

9. A bit overwatering and overfert

Keep ph at 5.8

10. Its a soil grow. Btw i had to remake my name from 50_Dave because i got stoned and locked myself out when i changed the password to keep myself from being blasted with emails about thread updates.