My Pokemon Blue Team

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Macnub, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I've been getting back into Pokemon and am in need of some advice here. I have been going through the game this time catching and training Pokemon I see useful for my team, but I am having a hard time deciding who to get for the last two slots. I've been switching out Snorlax, Vaporean, Dugtrio, Wartortle, and Gravler (can evolve, just need to play some Pokemans with the girlfriend haha)

Anyway, my concrete team consists of:
    - Dratini (31)
    - Exeggcute (35)
    - Hypno (42)
    - Hitmonchan (34)

- Nidoqueen (43) - pretty strong thus far, but seems to have quite a few weaknesses, and am thinking I may need a back up for this Pokemon when I get to the Elite Four.

What Pokemon do you guys suggest? My girlfriend is pretty hell bent on kicking my ass and that just cannot happen. That, and last time I played I ended up struggling a bit at the Elite Four.

Also, I only have 5 badges at the moment. Fly/cut/flash/strength/surf are not a concern with choosing my Pokemon.

Any tips are welcome!

2. I say u need somthing like a charizard or fjre type deffinatly, and warturtle bc blastoise is amazing.

I just jail broke my iphone and have been playing pokemon yellow :) just beat brock now travellkng through that annoying zubat cave

3. Blastoise is good, but I noticed that there are quite a few more effective water types, so I decided to put him on hold. I agree, fire type would be good, but in Pokemon blue I don't have access to Growlithe, so that kind of put me off from fire types, and especially since their role for dominating grass types can easily be replaced with hypno (psychic).

Definitely catch a Zubat mate, they're pretty underrated if you ask me, especially since you'll find the gigadrain TM shortly after exiting the cave.

4. #4 Rerun, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    A pokemon with fly, a pokemon with dig, and a pokemon with toxic or other DoT's (like Leech Seed) are always very good in my opinion. Also pokemon who can either heal or have great stamina.
    Grass and Psychic are usually very good types but u have that covered, although I'd prefer an Alakazam or Kadabra.

I'd definitly pick a Snorlax, he can learn lots of moves and is durable in a lot of scenarios.
    Maybe add an electric type like Electrode, probably one of the fastest if not the fastest pokemon with a lot of offensive strength..

Then you need someone with fly, for me I think its a pretty good move along with soem other aerials.
    I never liked Pidgeot, but maybe a Fearow? Fly+DoT+Dig, and such moves really fuck with people.

5. Snorlax with reflect, toxic, body slam, and rest

Dragonite with ice beam, flamethrower, dragonrage, and hyper beam

gyarados with thunderbolt, surf, dragonrage, doubleteam

Dragonrage is not powerful, however its a set amount of damage, and can get past light screen

Snorlax can survive some heavy blows, toxic and rest work well together.

Dragonite is dangerous, also learns dragonrage

Doubleteam for gyarados to help survive an electric attack

6. Golem would be cool. You should get Gengar too ghost type are awesome. Try to get some of the legendary birds when you get there.

7. You gotta go with hitmonlee over hitmonchan or what its name is and megakick is stronger than megapunch.

8. Yeah, Snorlax may be a good idea. My Nidoqueen knows thunderbolt, but it appears to have the same weaknesses as fighting type and rock type Pokemon, so I was thinking about switching her out for maybe a Zapdos, which would cover both electric and flying, and also give it an advantage over any other flying type due to it being resistant to electricity and only having 2 weaknesses.

I have my Hypno and also Exeggcute which both are psychic types, so I put my Kadabra into the box.

That still leaves two slots open

9. I would say use graveler evolve to golem very tough moves- rock slide,earthquake, double edge, I usually put flamethrower as the fourth move. An vaporeon is underated Pokemon yet quick, powerful if u stick with ice and water moves just saying

10. My team at the moment is:
    Hitmonchan
    Dragonair
    Hypno
    Zapdos
    Exeggcute
    Snorlax

I am now at the Elite Four, and the first trainer (ice/water type) kicks my ass pretty hard. I usually only survive with 3 pokemon left, beat the next two trainers, and then die at the fourth. Zapdos may need to get the boot I think; although powerful, hes too weak to ice.

11. stick with the hypno he's the shit!! plus evolve your exeggcute and make sure both of them have either hypnosis or sleep powder. Works every time. and use graveler or wartortle and evolve if possible...
    man i miss the good ol days playin pokemon....

12. [quote name='"Macnub"']My team at the moment is:
    Hitmonchan
    Dragonair
    Hypno
    Zapdos
    Exeggcute
    Snorlax

I am now at the Elite Four, and the first trainer (ice/water type) kicks my ass pretty hard. I usually only survive with 3 pokemon left, beat the next two trainers, and then die at the fourth. Zapdos may need to get the boot I think; although powerful, hes too weak to ice.[/quote]

Shoulda.went with hitmonlee

13. Finally beat the Elite Four today and caught Mewtwo afterwards, so I have all of the legendaries now.

My team I used is:
    Dragonair lvl 47
    Moltres lvl 50
    Hypno lvl 53
    Nidoqueen lvl 46
    Snorlax lvl 42
    Exeggcute lvl 41

Not entirely sure how I managed it, but I managed it lol.

14. Kadabra or alakazam are the most powerful psychic Pokemon you definitely need to add one of the aformentioned to your team.

15. You're going to need something with a very strong ice move, that also has a bunch of speed so you can drop those strong dragon types Lance has.

Also give the same pokemon a strong electric move to drop that annoying Gyrados.

16. Look 3 posts up, no problem guys, already done did it with those pokemon :p

17. Alakazam with fire,ice and thunder punch. It is so broken in blue.
    My dragonite wrecks with outrage and earthquake.
    Use snorlax with toxic, rest sleep talk and body slam. You can just toxic them and stall with rest until they die

18. My team:

Starmie
    Snorlax
    Alakazam
    Electrode
    Executor (how ever you spell it)
    Arcanine

19. How the hell did I miss this thread???
    Here's my team
    Dragonite 67
    Venusaur 55
    Gyrados 44
    Raichu 47
    Pidgeot 46
    Alakazam 42
    Just shits on everything.