my plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AlcoholicMesiah, Jul 28, 2004.

1. this is my first time growing, so i've got eleven plants growing and some of the leaves are turning yellowish. whats going on here, are they going to die or be alright? do i need to do anything.

2. Its nothing too serious if its not all yellow... a few questions first..

How old are they?
    Are you fertilizing? If so how much and how often?
    What soil are you using?
    What lighting are you using?

Its most likely a fert OD, if so then flush with Plain pH adjusted water

3. about three weeks old i supose.
    i threw some fertilizer before i went away for a week, now some leaves are turning yellow. it was probaly to much i guess, regular soil? i have them outside on the roof where its real sunny... i have no idea what i'm doing. if i bring them inside what lights should i purchase?

4. the leaves that are turning yellow are probably just the ones that give the plant all its nutrients during the first 20 days or so and then they die off i forgot wat the names of those leaves are but its normal so i wouldnt worry too much but hell i dont know hardly anything bout growing so if im wrong somebody please correct me

5. most soils hold enough fert for a plant for approx 3 weeks.........fert burn ie too much fert makes the leaves burn at the tip and sides, and it goes yellow then brown then crumbles if touched.............if the leaves were going yellow (the whole leaf) and getting lighter then it would be a Nitrogen deff, try this handy little link with pics.......

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/?qa=1111

N deff is genaerally a trait of the plant in the latter stages of flowering, when it uses up all the N it has stored in it's leaves......N is the chemical that gives it's leaves a more green colour, and some outdoor growers, overfeed with N to help camoflage (sp?) the plants to a darker green.

if it's fert burn follow toka's advice...........

Toker4life420, the leaves your thinking of are called the "cotlydons" and provide enough energy and food for the young plant till it develops it's true leaves, they're the first to sprout, and are kind of oval shaped.........but at 3 weeks old the cotlydons are useless, and generally are the first leaves to go............hope that helps you mate...........Peace out.........Sid