My plants need help.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by snowhite, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Ok, Well.. I can't upload pictures because im not near my plants right now. But... here's the deal, My plants are growing really well. Only expect it seems as if they are not growing all that well and ive been using fox farm nutes. they have been growing for about 3 weeks. They are roughly 6 inches... It seems as if they stoped growing i am using 1 2700k 300 watt CFL light. and i use a iguana heat light every now and then to get the humitidty up and temp. the humidity is ussualy at about 60-70 the temp is ussualy at 80-85 sometimes 75. Do i need different lights? They are really green besides 1 that has some brown tiped leafs and i dont know how to fix her i tryed flushing the soil to get rid of the nutes and just water it with only water then i tryed to use super thrive and didnt seem to resolve the issue. What do i need to do?

2. 6in is very short, I am on day 11 of veg and I am already above a foot on all my plants.

Here are some things that could help.
    1) Is it possible to lower the temp in your grow room? Plants have harder times photosynthesizing at higher temps which is essential for plant growth.
    2) If you can afford it invest in a mh or hps light
    3) Get them on a regular feeding schedule. Do you have nutrients specific for the vegetative stage? Water them everyday that the first 5-6cm of soil is dried out. Alternate every watering with just strait water and then a mixture of water and nutrients.

Do not worry so much about giving them all that extra corrective stuff, just get them on a regular schedule and let them correct themselves over time. I hope this helps.

3. it would help to see pictures xP

might be cal/mag, I know that I was having issues at about the 3rd week using fox farm but once I added some cal/mag+ they perked up aka stopped browning (also I would check the ph of the water it might be lockout of some form or another)

those are the things I fucked up on, hopefully that might help heh:smoke:

4. that isn't short... 6 inches isn't vastly tall but that isn't to bad, you however 12 inches off the ground after 11 days? your stretching your plants so much you need to put your lights closer.

You are most likely fine bro, you don't want tall plants... especially if your growing indoor, you want bushy plants with lots of growth. Keep your CFL close to your plants (a 6500k spec is better for veg however) but you are probably fine, try and get some pics so i can check them out but once you put them into flower they double and some times even triple in size.

In an indoor grow at 3 weeks i would say 6-8 inches with a CFL is pretty normal as long as its looking pretty bushy, but some grow slower than others.. genetics is going to take a part in this of course. IF its not dying (pretty obvious if it is) then you are fine. Get some pics up though if you could i can help you more.

5. They are not stretched at all, they are more bushy and wide then tall man. I keep my light at one and a half feet above plant tops. So would you say my growth is above average then??

6. at 11 days of vegetative growth you have a foot tall plant? thats over an inch a day are you sure its only been 11 days since you planted it? was it a clone or a seed? because ya that is way over average. Unless its a clone that rooted fast then that would still be very very good but not impossible sounding.