My plants are too big!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tribalsound, Aug 18, 2010.

1. My and couple of friends are growing 12 plants in one backyard. The strain is The Church from Green House Seeds,planted in the 10 of April. So the problem is that around this backyard is a fence that is 2,5 meters hight,and our plants are 3 meters by this day,and we have very curious neighbours. So what are our options? To tie the top of the plants to the ground,to cut 0,5 metters from the top of the plants or.... Please we need some help,we are in paranoia...

2. I think you listed your best options but 12 budding plants that size are prolly gonna make a hell of a stank i would imagine...which might not go so well with curious neighbours =/

3. well i wish i had that problem... but anyway, dont cut the top off the plants, thats where ur best buds are. tying down is definitely what I would do but I've never had experience with plants as big as 3 meters, i'm guessing by now the stalks are pretty thick and can't be bent too easy. you'd have to take it slow, bending it day by day a little more each time, especially if they're in flowering since you wouldn't want to stress it too much.

4. Do a 90 degree LST. Shouldn't really harm your plant and it will increase yeild. Just be careful not to break the main stem.

5. LST is the way to go.

Get some twine thread or something and pull the branches down. It will allow for light to penetrate to the lower branches and increase your yield as well.

6. I had to do the same thing, My neighbors are cool and all. But my plants are about 9 feet tall at the highest point.

[​IMG]

7. Holy Shit Stinky, those are freaking rockin.

8. Yes, good Idea. I did this last year, but depending on how woody your stems are you may want to do a 45-75 degree angle. You should be able to tell how much your plant can take by pulling on it.

9. :yay:Thanks man.

10. build a much taller fence. you can add a quick 3 or more feet by framing lattice and connecting it to existing fence posts.

11. you can tie a rope around the base of the plans a foot or two up from the ground pulling one way, then at the top of the plant have another rope pull it over the other direction. the lower rope supports it at the roots and the top rope allows the plant to bend over pretty damn far.

plus more yield!

12. Thats not always an option. Where I live there is a city regulation to have a fence the max of 6 feet tall. Tree's can be taller than the fence, however other plants must not be or you risk a fine.

13. 90* lst? Yeah I don't know if you've tried this before but I have and issues arise from this. First, the plants are 3-1/2 months old...you ever try benting the stal;k of a 3 month old plant? they don't bend so easy so that extreme of an LST is out of the question. Also you wont want to run the extreme of an LST outdoors, indoors you can get away with it because your not yielding as much generally where as outdoors you can have 1#+ plants...if you 90* LST a plant outdoors it will snap if you dont support under it due to being at such a sharp angle and once flower sets into full swing the extra weight will eventually snap the plant off at that 90* joint. I lost 6 of 12 colas last year off a massive Durban lst that had a 90* bend and it snapped after a rain storm in the first week of September due to the extra rain water weight.

OP: I'd say this old and that tall take tent spikes and tie them over as far as possible (no more then a 45* angle) and every few days/nodes re-tie the top down further up the stalk and pull it further down. Also gardener's twine tied to a brick as a weighted LST system works pretty good too :)

14. just bend the part of the stem that still has a good amount of give and keep adjusting i had the same prob with one of my tent grows. if you can dig maybe a half meter hole for each plant maybe less then tie em down they shoulnt out grow that fence just like topping em when you bend em the auxin stays at the bottom of the plant making it go out instead of up. look at my gallery an youll see how i did it. my shit aint 9ft mor like 3.5-4 but thats how i like it descreet if you want alot do a shit ton of small lst or modified plants besides you get the results you wnat way faster just cuz its tall dont mean its gonna be better or have a shit ton more weight unless they get light under em too. just be careful and tie em and if comfortable dig som small wholes if they are planted in pots hope they r and sink em a lil that will save ya a foot atleast what im doing as we speak i have a small chain link i relie on a weedy garden lol:D grass weeds whatever grows at least 3ft tall gets grwon in my garden weather i eat it or not!