My plants are too big

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Garden0fWeeden, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Not a bad problem to have though... Any way to slow them down?

Attached Files:

2. I assume that these plant are in a natural state (not pruned or shaped in any way) I also notice that they are tall and the stems are quite thin. Low stress training and tipping your plants can help you keep them under control and lollipopping your plant in the early stages will help fatten up the stem. They look healthy otherwise. good luck.

3. Tried LST already. Since I topped them early to have 4 main stems, the main stem at the bottom snapped right down the middle on one of them. I also tried slowly moving the branches outward over 2 weeks so the stem at the bottom wouldn't get too stressed and fracture again... which didnt work.

Never thought that lollipopping would would slow them down, I figured since there are less branches for auxins to travel to the main branches would grow taller. I'm all for taking advice though but since these plants are getting very close to my height limitations I want to be sure before trying something.

I guess Im looking for something you could give them that would encourage more lateral branching.

4. KInda hard to tel.. Are they at the cieling right now? From the pic, it looks like they are touching the cieling.. If so, you waited too long to flower. I know.. I'm the king of obvious answers.. Slow them down.. Hmm, I'm going to assume that you don't have another space available with higher cielings to temporarily use to flower these plans so might want to try some HST.. Also If you go to a thread by SG1 called: Old school grow advice "Member cheap old basterd club", you can ask those guys there some advice and I'm sure that you will get some of the best solutions to your problem.. But you're right, Big plants is a nice problem to have...:)

5. tie them down

6. I'd say try bushmaster but you may be beyond it helping you. I had this happen with a few but my stretch was due to my bulb needing to be replaced. If you use bushmaster early on it will slow them down for sure and encourage side growth. Don't overuse!!!

7. try to lst them (tie them down) they are far to strechy and tieing them down will help the whole plant get the light evenly. good luck and happy growing

8. you cound deffintly lst them sucessfully the stem is real thin so it shouldnt be hard or stress them out to much.

9. Thanks everyone for the reply. To those who mentioned LST, I already tried that, the stem at the bottom is almost an inch thick but even so it still wont support me prying the branches apart... I thought about LST'ing just the top 2 feet of the plant where the stem is more flexible, but that seems like a real pain in the ass so that would be a last resort.

That's fucking awesome!!

'Why does booze stunt plant growth? "We don't know, but we're working on this,"' lol

I'm definitely looking further into this.

10. @bass_snob

Definitely agree I waited too long to flower lol. I have an 11 week sativa in my flowering chamber with still a few weeks to go. They've only been alive for about 8 weeks. I wasn't expecting an indica to grow so tall in such a short time.

What kind of HST do you recommend?

11. Too big is a problem?

12. She never said that!

13. I'm not exactly sure.. I haven't been in that situation yet.. Go to the thread that I mentioned and ask.. The guy who started it has 30yrs of experience..

14. wait a minute is that Dutch and predator at the bottom of that jungle :p

15. You may want to read this before you use Plant Growth Regulators like Bushmaster on your crop.

PGRs and Medical Marijuana - Manic Botanix

Hth

J

16. ...I'd mainline them, then pinch and bend the stems to make an even canopy.