My plants are growing short and bushy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wayno11, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Seeds sprouted of the 5th of feb so 20 days old today but they seem to be just staying short and bushy is this normal I did top them a few days ago just to experiment but does this seem normal they are under T5 24hrs thanks for any input

Attached Files:

2. One you top them it takes time for them to grow out of shock. Grow new limbs ext. That's why I never top anything .

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

3. Indica dominant strains tend to be shorter and bushier. Topping causes a plant to Bush out as well. Your light is very close too. Not saying that it's a bad thing. The plants can handle a t5 at close distances. But there is no stretching for the light, if ya know what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks ats yer everything I read said that the closer you can get the light without burning the better

6. Would you guys recommend moving the light up to allow for stretch or keep it close

7. your answering your own questions , go with your gut instinct... i allows move my lights up and down.

you dont want loads of stretch but a plant thats 12inch tall with with really right node spacing isnt good either.
    move your light up a few inches each day till your getting the plant where you want it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. IMG_0477.JPG
    This is my second grow , first grow was indica plants. I went with Sativa this time and these plants was only 18 inch tall 2-3 week ago , there nearly 4 foot now.

Next time I do Sativa I’ll flip them a lot sooner , my 600w hps x3 isn’t slowing these down from stretching ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks sykesy i will give that a go

• Like Like x 1
  10. Personally, I'd move it up a few inches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Holy shit for a second grow your killing it haha I have the 600 how ready to go as soon as these hit a good height

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. have a play around , you cant damage anything lol. its not going to grow 12 inch in a day cause your light was abit further away.

what light u using for flowering?

13. I have a 600 hps but I’m thinking about going led

14. i have 4 autos in a 80x80 tent too , 1200w meihzi ( 630ish real watts) the led doesnt let the plants stretch. so im gonna end up with 12-18 inch bushes.

i have 10 lemon pie in my 8x4 with are photos. if i was you id get a vented hood. my plants could sit on my glass on the hoods and be perfectly fine.

15. dont bother going led unless your going for the quantum boards , my led was my first light and i thought it was the dogs bollocks. i prefer my vented hps all day long.

16. I wish I got the vented hood though I got a 12 inch wisher fan instead
    ishi

17. Let’s see how the girls go now

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. id defiantly get a cheap vented hood or cool tube , they only like £40.

it starts off feeling quite cheap growing weed , i bought my big tent and a led light ( i knew id need another) and the basics spent like £550 then you realise you need 3 lights / i have 3 fans ( 1 lights / 1 pulling air in / 1 exhausting ) then i have 3 fans in tent to move the air around. then i needed a dehumidifer £220 lol.

19. hasnt ur hps got a dimmable ballast?

20. W
    what are quantum boards I was looking at blackdog and Viparspectra