My Plants Are Cloning Themselves Via Roots?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by haloman247, Sep 15, 2014.

1. #1 haloman247, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    I got a sativa clone from my budy and have her in the budding state atm. When I got her I put it in fresh soil, never had a male or seeds anywhere near it. About 2 weeks in to budding I noticed another cannabis sprout. Ive read about a phenomenon where the root of a plant decides to grow towards the surface and sprout instead of following the rest of the roots. I dug up this sprout and confirmed it was grown fully out of an attached root to the main plant. I put this new sprout in to another pot by itself , again in new, untouched fresh soil. This sprout has turned roughly 2 months today and is thriving 10x more than its original. But thats not the point, now out of this sprout I separated, anoooooother sprout has begun to emerge from the soil, again fully grown out from the roots of its predecessor. I now have 3 plants instead of 3. Whats goin on maaan?

2. Sounds cool. Pics or it didn't happen! :)

3. don't know whats goin on but if it happened a few generations in a row you might want to clone it and keep the genetics going

4. Im sorry for the double thread, but in reply to the responders, Ill definitely grab a picture with the roots still intact once the newest sprout is mature enough. Iknow this isnt unheard of, but I heard the chances of it happening even once is one in a million, so to have it happen twice simultaneously, theres gotta be something more going on. Maybe a mutation in the genetics? ?