My plants always die when they are almost finished? (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BiggFunkNugg, Jul 22, 2007.

1. When my plants pass the 7 week stage they lose their density becoming very fluffy and turn crusty and brown (basically they die). I have had heat problems in the past but even with proper temperatures this still happens. I think it may be either too little CO2 or maybe bugs that my end-all won't kill? This used to happen to a few of my plants but now it happens to all of them. The bud that is produced smokes awful and looks much worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss.

Attached Files:

2. it looks like you fertilize them too late in the cycle and burnt them

can you post pics without the HPS, just use the flash or regular white light

1. Soil or soilless & brand name of soil , hydro?
    2. PH of medium?
    3. PH run off?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps

3. Bummer. Please answer all of Ganja's questions so we may help you.

4. Soiless pro mix
    ph of water is 7
    plants usually die around 6th to 7th week
    I use a wide array advanced nutrients
    600w hps 2-3 feet away
    12/12 for 6-7 weeks
    temp 75-85 degrees F
    I dont think i get nearly enough CO2

5. If you follow directions like you answered the questions Im sure you fried them

6. Ya I have had this happen, but the plants look done already. Maybe your strain is like a 6 to 7 week flowering plant. I keep my 400 watts at 2 ft above just in case.

7. Please go into more detail on feeding such as exactly what, NPK, how much, and how often. Lack of CO2 will not just all of a sudden kill them. It looks like fert burned or under watered. Maybe you want to give them fresh water for the next week to flush then just harvest them. At least you will have something to smoke maybe.

8. they look nute burned. with advanced, the mix changes every week. i think in week 5 the nute calculator starts dropping the ppm. 600 watts should be closer than 2-3 feet. unless you're running a sealed room, forget about co2.

9. Not sure about the Soilless Pro Mix,,, if it's Schultz's then it has ferts in it,,,, and its severely nuted fried...

If not then it has no ferts and is trully soilless,,,(according to my google, lol) then it is nute locked out due to a Ph of 7.0 especially phosphorus, which Dr
    Ganja Guerrilla taught me about my plants... by looking at his pics it started on the fan leaves and worked its way inward towards the buds like it did mine. And as Dr Ganja Guerrilla told me the buds are consuming everything around it in order to survive.

Suggestions: 1. Using a wide array of nutrients only makes it harder to determine which one is the culprit. 2. Ask for help long before it gets to this stage. As soon as ya see the tips or edges doing something wrong,,,, ask! 3. Your plants would not have gotten this big or lasted this long without enuff CO2,,,, so it sure as hell ain't that.

Good luck!

Grasscity Deals Near You