My plant wont grow the traditional leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weedisgood420, Jul 2, 2008.

1. I have germinated my plant and it has the two little round leave and the start of the first two well known mary jane leaves but after that no more leaves appeared i have waited two weeksfor tem to groq more leaves.

i think that most of you are gonna say they need more light but here is my set up explained.

1. i have a 6 in deep pot with a 5 in circumfrence
    2. i have properly germinated seeds
    3. i have a flurescent (sp?) light about 5 cm away from the leaves
    4. 18/6 light period
    5. in the pot is mericle grow soil
    6. i water it with a spray gun about 2 or 3 squirts every other day
    can some one give me tips to get more leaves

2. im taking it u only have one plant. and only 1 light.
    what is the wattage of the light?
    try getting a couple of lights not just one.
    water your plant as much as u need, make sure the soil stays moist, if it dont the roots can dry up. spray that water gun on it as needed to keep the top of the soil moist.
    you will need to do this for about a week or two then the roots will be down enought for u to water so only so often.
    give them 24 hours of light, put the light about 3-4 inches from the plant. dont mess with it so much, try growing 3-4 more, increase ur chances on getting some females.

3. right now have a 250 watt light on it but i dont want to start that many bcuz my parents dont like me smoking much less growing so i dont to lose a female i may have sprouted now

4. u dont know if u have a female unless u brought femizied seeds (i think i spelled that wrong :confused:)

i had the same issue with some bagseed, u just have a weak plant, its best to start out with like 6 and take the stronger ones out.

5. Wait up....PIGGIE ALERT!

Well, maybe....dude, I read your other 10 posts, and 20 days ago, you said you still hadn't managed to get high. And you are already growing?????

How long does it take to germinate? You must have been growing before you actually had smoked. That doesn't make any sense.

I call PIGGIE ALERT, or 14-year-old-kid-who-is-really-bored-and-poses-on-the-e-net alert. Hmmm....detective someoneorother2 is on the case.

6. lol, i see nothing in his other posts to imply he,s a cop, maybe a youngster yeh ,but no cop.

peace..............:smoke:

7. once you get a sprout and then the growth stops ..

in my experiance thats PH problems. i've had 2 sprouts stop growing for a week. then the yellowing started and necrosis started popping up. the ph was a freakin' 7.8!

you're using soil so something around 6.5 would be ideal. check your ph and get back to us.

edit: whats this spray gun stuff? get a measured bottle (from wal-mart in the cleaning supplies isle). it's marked off in 100 ML increments as well as fluid ounces. water every 2-3 days. water enough so that a little bit comes out of the bottom of the pot. thats all you gotta do.

for referance. my 5 week old plant drinks 600ML every 2.5 or 3 days.