My plant won't bud?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by givememunchies, Sep 3, 2010.

1. OK, so i have a plant that's probably 5 months old, but will not bud. It has clusters of what appear to be seeds but when u touch them they fall right off of the plant and are very fragile, they literally flake as they fall. It gets watered every day, it has potting soil, and is basically very well taken care of. It is only about 16 or 17 inches tall, but that is because it is in a pot still. Can any one please help me, i am very new to this, as this is only my first plant lol. Thanks.

2. Is it cannabis?:)

3. What. Size pot and what lighting?

4. #4 JulieSensimilla, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    yea and are the plants outdoor or indoor? if indoor you may not have the proper lighting or temps ? if its outdoor the ph levels may not be right it could be something in your soil.. but theres not enough detail to be able to fully answer your question

5. #5 BadKittySmiles, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    From your description, where you touch these 'seed pods' gently and from the lightest touch they drop to the ground, it sounds as though you may have a male.

Edit: Do (or did) they ever poof out a fine yellow dust as well? The 'seed pods' may in fact be male flowers, the dust would be the pollen that normally would fertilize female flowers, or the bud, which causes seeding.

Without any photos, or any information besides what you've given, there's no way of knowing for sure yet what you're dealing with.

More info and photos, please :)

6. sounds like a male too me

7. sounds like its well into being a male, did you even have it on 12/12 lighting

8. this.