My plant that is budding?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StonerTHtotheC, Feb 9, 2011.

1. I have a plant that has been budding since January 3 and all it has is the white hairs and no actual buds yet is that normal or should it have buds showing now and I was also wanting to know about how much longer do I have before the plant is done completely but i dont know the strain or anything like that. I am including some pictures of it also so tell me what you think. The first one is a pic of the top and the second the middle and the third is the bottom and the fourth one is just a pic. Thanks any info is greatly appreciated.:wave:

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty normal... They have only been in "flower" for 5 days so i'd say that looks pretty good. As for how long you have left, that could be anywhere from 5 weeks to 9 or 10 weeks. Read up on trichromes and when to harvest if you want to know more. Basicly depending on type of high you're looking for you want to cut them when the trichromes are the correct combination of clear/cloudy/amber. Just remember at this point patiance is your friend. If this is your first grow, believe me the anxieaty and impatiance is just going to get worse for a while. Just hang in there it will be worth it. And keep an eye on them, its fun to watch just how much they change day to day. or atleast it is for me. My current set are about a week and a half ahead of yours and they look better every day.

3. He said January, its been a month and 5 days. What kind of lighting are you using. Soil definitely takes longer to mature than hydro. The pics are super small, can you post any higher resolution versions. hard for me to tell the size of the actual bud sites.

4. Yes, thats budding. Maybe not as compact as some godlike growers manage to grow, but buds none the less

No mate, they have been flowering for 5 weeks now. Its january not february when they started flowering. I think the lady is some % sativa, but maybe some indica is there too cuz shes filling up nicely and still has lot of time to go. If you happen to have some extra lights now would be a good time to squeeze the most out of her by using those as side or below lights.

Watch the nutes, watch the pH. During flowering some plants like and can manage gradual increments in the nute solution concentration. Get some litmus paper in order to check for ph. If given the chance go for a 4 to 9 range papper. Also try to get the most acurrate one. That is one that can tell you 5.87 not only 5 or 6. That way you can try to pump the most nutes without going over or under the optimus pH level. :devious:

One good thing about having a healty space between buds is that you can plunge a CFL where needed and you have no need to trim the fan leaves, maybe just tie them using worsted or knitting thread to avoid it from casting shadow but still letting her live to keep caputuring energy and breathe.

Hope i made sense and it helps.

5. Wow, so he did. Lol! sorry about that, guess im a little more stoned than i thought. In that case forget my previous post my friend... Like StonerTHtotheC said what kind of light are you using? they look like mine looked a few days ago (currently day 12 of 12/12) and as I now realize I'm behind you quite a bit not a week ahead... Also what nutes are you using? What are your day and night temps? Relative humidity? Mine are in soil and I've go no such probles StonerTHtotheC.

6. Yea I will post other pictures tomorrow off my digital camera and not my phone so if it has been a month and five days how much longer do I have. Thanks for all the help it was helpful.

7. It has buds the hairs are coming from somewhere. ;)

What's your setup?

8. I almost looks like he just has it sitting by a window for lighting.

9. No I have a fluorescent going vertical then another 75 watt artifical daylight coming from the top and that is all and no it is not just by a window it is in a closet in the main floor of my house. So how much longer do I have before I will be able to harvest it.

10. Sounds like she could use some more light, maybe a few cfls but as for when you can harvest you said you started on jan 3rd? Id say you have 4 more weeks or so depending on strain. Also once the buds become more pronounced you can look at the trichromes with a microscope to get a better idea. Alot of people say when the tricromes are mostly milky and some amber but depending on the high you're looking for could be sooner or later. Search trichrome and read up on that to help make your decision