my plant needs help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buddhalovah, Nov 14, 2014.

1. I just got this plant from a friend and I don't know what's wrong with it. Idk what to do. Can anyone help? I don't know much about growing.

2. This is how my plant looks like right now.

Attached Files:

3. I'd put it in a bigger pot with some good soil and drainage

4. What kind of soil?

5. Use fox farm soil then you shouldn't have to buy nutes and yea I'm pretty sure it needs to be put in bigger pot ASAP

6. So the same soil with no nutes will work through the whole time? How much water should I use if I put it in a 3 gallon pot? Should I add any nutes when I water it?

7. It looks pretty healthy considering it's massively too big for the pot.

If you have a soil with plenty of nutrients, and a pot that's big enough considering how long the plant will live, you won't necessarily need any extra nutrients.  3 gallons might be enough for a small plant, more like 5 gallons if you're going to use a large light or do LST or whatever with it.

Fox Farm is not essential, many good multi-purpose composts will do.  Once you re-pot it, you are giving it a store of slow-release nutrients called soil, so it wont need feeding for a while at least.  At first you should give it a few cups or water only, not soak the whole pot, but as the roots grow into the new soil you will use more water.