My plant is leaning to the side, is that normal?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Potluck420, Mar 21, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

I just went to check on my girl and noticed it leaning to the side as if it's getting too top heavy and can't support itself idk. The stem hasn't been perfectly straight the last week but it has dramatically fallen within the last day. I'm thinking it's because I started it in such a large pot rather than in a solo cup. Is there anything I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well i decided to move some soil around the stem not sure if that was a good idea but it's standing straight now lol. It looks weird now it's like growing at a angle [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Buy the white picks you put in ur soil to straighten it out.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It's looking for better light.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ^^^^the answer^^^^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  6. It's stretching to the light source you might want to lower the lights a little

• Like Like x 1
  7. No the lights are fine there about 2" away. It just needed time to rest back down, this was it a hour later looking back to normal
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey does anyone know if this light will work for flowering? I'm currently using CFLs and I wanna switch to something better when it starts to flower[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Led ?
    How many watts ?
    It's all about the lumens output

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Anyone?

11. Your good bro....
    It's says 75w at 14,000k should be good for flower. ..
    Keep the cfls for side light. ..
    Get the most light u can..

12. Just a thought...did this plant look like this at lights on? If so perhaps you have a light leak and it was just growing towards it while the light was off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yea it was like that with lights on but that was because it was falling over. I don't think I have a light leak it's growing in my bedroom closet. Lights go off at 1am-7am I'm usually sleeping during that time with no lights at all on

14. Wait so your saying I should use both the led and CFLs during the same time?

15. So it wasn't looking for light!!! I'm Glad it's Looking betterGood Luck with your Grow

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Thanks man . This is my first grow and to my surprise no major problems lol.

17. Yeah... can only help in Bloom/Flowering. ..
    More light = Bigger Buds

18. Alright thank bro, I didn't know if it be ok to use diff kinds of light

19. If you want to flower successfully while using that light I would definitely recommend using at least 3 or 4 of the strongest watt 2700k (red) Cfl's you can find, along with the led light. Reason being, the led light you have puts out a lot of blue light which is beneficial in vegetative growth...not so much in flowering. In my opinion you'd be better off getting it out of the way so you'll have more room for cfl's or another red light source.