My plant is dying in veg. Help plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ninja haze, Jul 11, 2020.

1. I gave it a small dose of nutrients the other day. Using ffof soil. Week 4 from seed.
    Mostly dying from the bottom up. I also found some bugs on the leaves. Thrips i think it was. But something is also eating my leaves...little tiny holes im finding. Wtf is going on. Help plz

Attached Files:

2. Spray with Neem Oil right as the lights go off to get rid of the bugs, remove any leaves that have been damaged by the bugs. Looks like they may be a bit saturated as well.

3. What do you mean saturated? Like over watered?

4. I love Neem oil! I had bad leaf miners and now I regularly spray them with the Neem oil and no more bugs :) Good luck!

5. What about the yellowing leaves?

6. Diatomaceous Earth is really useful too. Add it as a top layer to your plants and some in the drain bin too. It has to stay dry to be effective, but kills bugs over a long period of time. If you bottom water your plants from now on, the top layer of diatomaceous earth won’t have to be reapplied cause it’ll stay dry. Also if bugs get bad you can mix hydrogen peroxide 3%, with water for bugs too. I use this as a soil drench sometimes.

After the D earth and hydrogen peroxide, I added a top layer of cedar mulch to help keep the top inches dry, which helps prevent more bugs from coming to lay eggs. On top of that I have some sticky traps to see if anything still climbs to the top. IMG_1758.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. #7 El Jefe Negrito, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Anyway with the leaves, if it’s a couple of leaves, I just make a note of it. If it’s a def, it’ll make itself clear once it progresses a bit. Sadly to say, that is the best teacher. Experience it good once and you’ll never forget. If it were me, I wouldn’t be too worried about a few leaves as long as I have plenty of healthy green growth still going on.

8. Its more then a few leaves, some of the new growth looks ok. Some not as much. I added a light dose of nutrients, now she is showing nutrient burn...smh so frustrating, and she now is showing signs of sex, amd ima need to flip it in 3 weeks ...i gotta get her right as best as possible before the 12/12 flip

9. What do the dead leaves look like? The dead and the dying.

Attached Files:

11. There’s not much wrong with the top growth. If these pictures are recent, I wouldn’t be worried about my plants. I’d make sure I kept and bugs under control but the latest pictures show plenty of new and healthy growth. I wouldn’t care about the lower skirt region if my canopy was that healthy. Any DEAD leaves? Def problems are normally a lot more apparent looking at dead and dying, but I only see some ugly leaves. Nothing is totally dead yet. Be a lot easier to say if it was nutes or bug problems from a totally decimated leaf.

12. I agree with El jefe, your plant is very small and the yellowish color on the "inside" of each cola is just your newest leaves "laying down." The dark brown/burn parts is either boron or phosphorus deficiency but this is very rare in a new plant In "relatable" soil.
    If you are in "new soil" and you know its good soil, you shouldn't have to be adding any nutrients at all at the beginning. I have used several brands of soil and I stick with fox farms ocean forest blend and only had issues when I used nutrients when it wasn't needed (early growth).
    Let her grow a bit more and just make a mental note of where the damage is and if it gets worse or spreads.

Growweedeasy.com is a great source to determine problems and find solutions. they have pictures and tutorials on how to fix.

hang in there!

13. Yes she a month old now. Ive never had issues like this so early in it stages.
    I feel like its a potassium def.
    I added nutrients 2days ago,
    Is it to early to tell if its working i guess. We shall see what happens in the next 5days.
    Question, my fan leaf at the top is blocking alot of light ro the new growth, stem seems strong, but new growth is twisting up...is it from the lack of light thats causing that?... i just did alil low stress training to get it exposed to light

14. She is kinda bushy

15. I would snip the large leaves that are growing over other larger areas of the plant, especially if the leaves are blocking want to be nodes. if the nodes don't get light and air, they do not grow out or will grow REAL slow. Dont be afraid to snip leaves here and there at your plants stage right now-just don't go crazy! snipping here and there PROMOTES growth, not stunt it as long as you do this sparingly and strategically. After you plant is up and running, I snip several leaves every few days (remember, only leaves blocking nodes).
    Let that thing grow and do its thing!!!!

16. Fresh pics

Attached Files:

17. I think you a a leaf or two sitting in the dirt after watering and then noticed when it grew a wee bigger.
    Your plant looks real healthy and bushy!

18. The pic with my hand is where the big fan leaf is blocking those colas.... ( my hand is moving the fan leaf out the way)

19. Yea i have a couple sitting in the dirt due to the low stress training i did. .... im still treating for bugs right now

20. if you smoke or know someone, bum one. take and unwrap the tobacco out of the wrapper and soak in half gallon of water for a few hours. filter out the tobacco (water should be brownish) and put in a spray bottle. spray your plant and all surrounding areas with water tobacco solution. This will not harm your plant and will not effect your harvest (smell or taste). it will kill bugs and repellants them in the future. Many pesticides have nicotine and a bunch of other shit in it. This is all natural, will not harm your plants, and is very effective.

• Like Like x 1