My plant is droopy!!! Not cause of overwatering Looks Bad??? Needs calcium?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Robbie714, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Hey GC,
    I'm growing 2 autos, under a Marshydro 600 278 draw in a 36x20x62 tent. I woke up to check the temperature to make sure it wasn't too cold and my one younger plant was drooping and I didn't No feeding of any kind. I have been taking the rotted leaves off her but that's it? I'm using FF trio for nutes every other feeding. Using a little less than I should but I am adding a little extra big bloom! She used to take up almost my whole half of my tent. When I looked in there this morning I had no idea what I was looking at? I appreciate any feedback or suggestions! Here's some before and after pictures it only happened in about four hours because I checked on it before I went to sleep and she was fine! I think I may need Cal mag? Ty[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] here's pictures yesterday?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. There's A big difference right there could be because I'm taking the rotted leaves off every other day. People may think that it looks fine but it didn't when I looked in there? I think it needs cal mag????

3. I might just be Paranoid? I hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 Robbie714, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    @Tana720 but how could everything start dropping in three hours? Did you see the before and after pictures? She was Huge she lost almost half of her size it looks to me I couldn't believe when I looked in there and seeing all the stems and leaves drooping! Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Reason for dropping can range from over watering to being dry and having no water ... than plants can droppe when root bound .sometimes heat can do it .. or when salt toxicity. ..what do the stems of ur plant look like

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did you water the plant before you noticed the drooping? Sometimes they'll droop a bit after they're watered. But yes, there is nothing seriously wrong with this plant. And no, it's not a big deal to pinch off dead or dying leaves. However, when they're in flower, you have to be careful about stressing them. Some strains can deal with it better than others, but if the strain you're growing is very sensitive to stress, pinching or cutting leaves off during the flower process just might be enough to stress it into going hermie. My husband decided to trim the fan and sugar leaves off during a flowering cycle one time and hermied the whole room full. Since then, I'm very picky about what comes off the plants during flowering that doesn't come off by itself.

With auto strains, you never know. They're triggered by genetics and what you do short of the basics to keep them alive, has no bearing on the plant's growth and maturity. I don't grow them. I don't like the thought of wasting my time on something that can go wacky (and you can bet a lot of them do) and not end up producing anything. Next time, go with normal strains. It's a slower process but it gives you time to learn to interpret the plant. The plant will always tell you what's going on....IF you understand how to read the clues.

Not sure what caused your plant to do this, but you judge the health of a plant by what the new growth looks like. By the pictures you post above, the new growth on this plant looks fine. It's just got a little shocked or something, but it should bounce right back. Don't hover!!!!! These are "weeds" and have survived for thousands of years without the benefit of man hovering over them and watching every leaf wiggle. Give them the basics....and you should already know what those basics are BEFORE you plant seeds, and they'll do fine. Read in the new grower threads on the forum...and the "auto strains" threads for ideas about what others go through with these strains of MJ. I can't tell you how many posts I read on here where folks are growing them and they do weird stuff like go into flower around week 2, etc. Good luck. Hope your plant turns out well. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  7. No TWW. The last time they got fed was on Tuesday. With FF trio. It's been thought stress I'm not going to lie. It had nitrogen toxicity a few weeks after I transplanted it, into new soil 60 to 40% perlite. But was using MG natures made organic. Big mistake! Anyway I flushed waited three weeks before I touched it. Then I got iron and phosphorus deficiency. From what people told me on here which I do believe I did have, cause after adding the trio she was doing Great a lot of New Growth. You seen her when I took a picture on Wednesday she was fine! Maybe I'm just paranoid LOL when I looked into my tent 3 o'clock in the morning and I went to bed at 12 midnight I thought I was having a nightmare. Cause the whole plant was drooping and it doesn't even droop like that after feeding But I did water her after I seen she was drooping at about 3 o'clock in the morning. Water only. The lights were going the whole time! After I gave her water I closed it back up that a little bit of research online. Then checked about three hours later and she seemed to do a little bit better. I should've took pictures right after I seen her drooping! Here's some pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  8. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. #12 Robbie714, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Does that look root bound? Actually she looks way more full than she did when I first noticed the drooping! I just never seen her do that before thanks for the information@Tana720 I can't tell I think I do see a little root coming out of the bottom but that's about it. Maybe that's all it takes. I tried to take the best pictures I could. Thanks a lot Tana720

10. Ok it's either cal mag deficiencie or she root bound when u see that purpling them can be signs of them things

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's 17" inches tall. Your right about The pot size and the size of the plant are off by a lot? The pot is a 3 gallon and think it's only 8" inches high? So I could get the Cal mag Monday morning and give it to her 1st. Thing I'll do. Do you think that will be too late or should I try another store? I'm sure there's nothing at Home Depot, Lowes or Ace Hardware that would have anything I could use? Or my better off waiting until Monday and getting Cal mag it's a Foxfarm authorized dealer. My lights were off for six hours when I looked in there they were back to how they were Looking even though I still need the Cal mag for the calcium deficiency. Thanks for everyone's input suggestions and feedback it really helped!!! S/O To @TaDow and his whole squad for coming through like a champ for me got to smoke a fatty

• Like Like x 1
  12. @The Widow White thanks for all your feedback and suggestions!!! Yes I've heard A lot about them to starting to flower in 2 weeks and doing crazy things that photos don't! I'm going to try photos to cause I really like it as a hobby! It was definitely my calling. Btw: TWW they bounced right back! The reason for it happening is still on noon? But I know it has a calcium deficiency so maybe that is why the reason it was drooping like that for? I need to pick Cal mag up first thing Monday morning. I should've grabbed it at the store I go to which is a Foxfarm authorized dealer it's like a toy store for me! They have everything imaginable! Plus they gave me a 40 or 50Lb bag of this new soil called Green Tree organic for free a long with 2/3 gallon smart pots and he gave me a guarantee that it would be better then FFOF witch is all they sell, besides roots organic and a few other kinds of soil. I didn't buy one thing there. I offered to buy everyone their lunch but they refused! Plus they're into smoking and know about growing also. Considering that's all they do is have set ups all through the store a lot of Hydro. Thanks TWW

13. U can wait untill Monday if u don't find any by than. ... but remember I foot per gallon on pot size ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Subbed. Looking good

Southern Stealth Gardens.....Light issues

• Like Like x 1
  15. #20 Robbie714, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    @Tana720 my 1 plant did the same thing as last time it got very droopy and looked half of if it's original size? It really has me stumped because I feed her right after I seen her drooping. I think I may not be watering her enough? I know it sounds crazy for a beginner but I've read so much about that beginners over water their plants not that they're giving it too much water there just watering it too often. Which they're supposed to be getting that FF trio 2 times a week and that's every other feeding? I'm just going to start watering every three days I'm going to use the weight test which I've been using! Can that happen from under watering? like I said she bounces right back after I gave her the feeding after within two or three hours she'll be 100% normal again? I think it's Root bound. So what I was going to do is I have 2/3 gallon smart pots, that are little bit longer than the one I'm using? I was going to put some of my new soil with worm castings and plenty of perlite and the bottom of the smart pot, maybe just 2 inches or so. Then transplant it into the smart pot. I don't think I have any other choice because I would really like to look at the roots. Since it's been in flower for only a couple days. I wasn't sure if a transplant using an auto would be the best idea? That's the only thing I can think of? I did add Cal mag my friend gave me about a quart of it. But it's still dropping again today that's two times in one week it's just funny because it bounces right back after I feed her which was right away after I seen her drooping again. Now it's back to about 90% normal? I'm not sure if I should go with the transplant or not? I do have a plastic 5 gallon pot in my basement but it's so big and bulky it would take up a lot of my tent? Maybe I should just go buy a 5 gallon smart pot to transplant it in I appreciate any feedback or suggestions thank @Tana720

• Like Like x 1