my plant is burning up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sCooBy SnAcKs86, Apr 19, 2010.

1. i been using Fox Farms Light Warrior soil and it seems to be burning up my plant. the leaves are starting to have brown spots and curling and just doesn't seem healthy at all. What can i do to fix this. Should i transplant them in a new pit with different soil?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. you have to cut your soil with something else other than FF soil, i alway's get a cheap , non fert potting soil with perlite in it and go 50/50 on the mix...

shit's way to hot for seedling's cutting's and younger plant's...
    i would not disturb the root's at all...
    your best bet is to flush the soil it's in...just keep watering your plant until the runoff is clear..or as a rule of thumb, twice as much water as your container size...i do 3 times just to be safe, but that's me..

3. Could be to much heat and humidity....Check and fix. If your PH gets below 6.5 it locks out magnesium. Check the PH and adjust between 6.3-6.8. If PH is ok add 1/2 tp epsom salt to a spray bottle and spray foilage, or add 1 tsp per gallon at watering. Use more soil in your cups next time. Right now get the plants healthy and trasplant into larger growing pots.

4. Great advise..

5. very possible colafarmer...didn't think of it at the time...good feedback bro..
    but with ph problem's i alway's just flush and it fixes the problem...if it's to low i use tap..if it's to high i use r/o with a 1/2 nutes..

6. ok so i was normally watering my plants with tap water that i would let sit out for a few days. i was normally watering about every 3 days and if the soil was still moist id wait another day. in my grow box its bout 80F and 27% humidity. i also have a small little desk fan blowing on the plants under the light. I tested my plain tap water with my ph pen and it came up 6.9ph. i tested the tap water i had sitting for a few days and it was 7.0ph. i then watered the plants today with some distilled water bought at the store and then tested the runoff which came up 6.8.

So next time i water in bout 3 days do i water the whole plant with distilled water and Epsom salt? or just put some Epsom salt in a bottle with distilled water and just spray the plants a little?

7. Hey....Lost track here :(..How are your plants looking bro..? What solved the problem ?

8. The humidity is far too low. A plant that size will thank you for humidity rangeing from 70%-80%.
    Is the desk fan ossilating and not constantly blowing on the plant?
    Do you let the soil dry out before adding more water (no nutrients for a plant that size).