My plant is a little over a month old and only 5 1/2 inches tall

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IMC Smitty, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Ike the subject says. My plant is a little over a month old and is 5 1/2 inches tall. Is that normal?

2. What kind of lights

3. 2 26w cfl's and a 13. Is that height normal though? Seems kinda small for that age

4. #5 TinTizzy, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    Sounds about right for that lighting..depending on how big of pot you start them in makes a big difference also..the smaller the container the faster it gets semi root bound and starts focusing on the above ground growth..they are in that slow stage anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or longer depending on lighting and then will take off once roots are established

Oh and they recommend 100w min

5. Yea I know they need more light. I'm trying to get my hands on some. And they have seemed to slow grown substantially. So your saying they will slow growth to establish better roots then take off growing again.

6. It should take off now if you get more light..what's it in right now?

7. It is is kinda small. My 2 week old OG Kush that is growing is that height. Its from your lack of lighting that is stunting them. Fix that and they will grow bigger.