my plant has balls?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greennewb, May 17, 2011.

1. male or female?

Attached Files:

2. #2 Zeketh, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    Looks like a male to me.

Edit*
    It is a male, i just checked on google...

3. Wait until you see clusters of balls to verify male. Sometimes a female calyx looks like a ball...

4. Big fat fuck off male! Time to chop! 

5. You tube, ready, set, grow. It's about 7 videos and explains everything really well. Has a chapter on plant sexing and how to tell male and female.
    Hope this helps. 

6. I'd wait for a cluster

7. #7 greenbudguy, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Agreed. I had one I thought was a male because of the look but I waited a couple days and it sprouted pistils and no balls to be found. Its hard to tell for sure until you have a cluster of balls or see pistils. It does look like a male....

8. Looks like a dude.

9. You have to wait until second week of flowering at least to tell unless fem seeds

10. thanks for all the comments. since i'm only growing the one plant at the moment, i'll hold off for a bit just to be sure. however, i too think it's a male :(

11. I hope it turns out to be female. You might want to consider growing 3 or 4 next time so you have better chance at a female. If you end up with 4 females, awesome! If you only want or have space for only one or two then take the others and plant them in a forest and go back to them at harvest and hope they are still there haha

12. heh. this was my first attempt. just used a bag seed. 2nd grow i'm probably going to buy a few feminized seeds now that i have some idea of what i'm doing.

13. #13 greenbudguy, May 18, 2011
    I'm in the same position. First grow was bagseed and now That I have everything adjusted, I'm going Saturday to get some female seeds from the club

14. nice. what are you planning on getting?

i was thinking about getting some feminized white berry seeds (white widow + blueberry)

15. #15 greenbudguy, May 18, 2011
    No clue what to get. Any advice? I've never bought seeds before so I don't know where to begin.

16. Attitude seed bank their the shut wait until June montly promo n get more
    Free

17. It's a male, believe me its easy to tell early, no need to wait for "clusters" lol.

18. Off with the head!

19. i've been reading about a bunch of strains. i'm around toronto canada and there are a bunch of seed banks in the area. i'm a little scared to order them online here.

the white berry i'm getting is a short growing plant, ususally has one main cola, and has a berry smell/flavour.

i strongly suggest doing some online research. there are cheap to expensive seeds out there and you might want to make sure you're getting what you want.

things to consider: height/size of plant, flowering period, taste, type of high are the main ones.