My Plant Fell Over!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Uneik Koncpts, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Well first things first, I've grown three times previous and had my plants fall over in their first few weeks, and befor I would just stake them up and get a twistie tie for support, but this time around, I had went away for the weekend and one of my little girls fell over and the stem became real skinny. I staked her up like I would any other time, it's been about 4 days now and it doesn't seem to be gaining any more strength, leaves are green, so its not dying, am I ok? Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks guys!

2. Use a boxfan to keep airflow over the plants; this will increase stem strength.

As long as the stem didn't break completely it'll be fine. The bend probably caused internal damage to the systems that transport nutrients throughout the plant, so it will take some time to heal and recover.

[edit]: you've grown three times and still post this in absolute beginners? Belongs in sick plants/problems.

3. well it seemed to be a beginner mistake...sorry i didnt post in the correct category...Post Nazi!!!

4. I understand you've grown 3 times already which is more then me, but still, I dont think plants are supposed to fall over.
    I had the same problem because of the light power and distance
    Can't you bring the lights closer or put a stronger light? This will cause them not to over stretch.