my plant cloned itself?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by work2fish, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Ive seen this happen with other plants (not marijuana) but a root came up and exposed itself and grew cotyledons about 4 inches away from my plant (late start 2 weeks old) Is this just gonna fall off and disappear or am i gonna have to clip this. If any EXPERIENCED grower as I know theres tons here can answer this please help! I would love to grow it a little enough to transport it as this strain is killer, but am worried letting it get bigger and share roots will stunt the plant and even hurt it when i try to transport it because all in all taking it out is cutting the main plants roots. Am i right wrong close, warm cold?! Not worried about the late start or anything on that topic just the topic at hand! thanks guys! :smoking:

2. If it has cotyledons, it is not a clone its another seed. Sprouting. The only time I've seen a plant clone its self was when a branch from a tree feel on my plant breaking it in half. The half that broke off got forced into the mud and rooted and flowered. It was a male, so not good but really kewl.
    keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

3. haha thats what all my buddies say but 100% its not another seed this is in an individual pot. Freaaaaak plant im tellin ya, I noticed it as I was watering them today I looked down and saw what looked like a root i lifted it and it definitely was so i took a little soil from the side to cover the root and as i did i did that i noticed a little green leaf with a little soil over it as i was watering it exposed itself and bam cotyledons. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. This just happened to me too!! I wonder what's going on here...

• Like Like x 1
  5. sometimes you can have twins come out of one seed ... just let it get a lil bigger then split the two and put into different pots.

6. Surely it is much more likely to be a seed within the soil which you did not knowingly plant etc

7. Coyts only originate from a seed.

Rhyzome reproduction (which you are describing) is impossible with Cannabis...just an FYI.