My plant broke its main stem??!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BoomStick79, Jun 4, 2011.

1. #1 BoomStick79, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    So I'm week 2 into flower. I have to LST during flower to keep it in my box.

I tied her down again last night. (day cycle 12/12) so after her 12 hours of "night" I opened my box to see she topped herself. (Broke of just above where I tied her).

I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Is there any surprises or anything else I should expect?

Thanks GC!

2. Here are the pics of how much broke off. And the main stem.

Attached Files:

3. did it break all the way off? if it didn't you could have just taped it up or something like that, and it would have been fine. you'll prob. see no probs. at all. at most (and i doubt it) you'll experience some droop.

4. I tried to set it back with tape. But when I grabbed it it came off. Was barely hanging on...

5. If it's not too late you might be able to graft it back on. Cut a small slice off the stump, then cut a notch into it, like a V shape. Then, on the piece that broke off, remove the two lower leaves and make a matching V notch on it. Then fit them together and tape it. Cover with a clear plastic bag for a few days. If it doesn't take or if it's too late to even do this, at least you still have the rest of the plant! If this ever happens again, put the top in some water right away until you can deal with it.

6. Thanks for the advice. It's to far gone to attempt a graft.