my plant aren't growing :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by vrolt, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Hi guys, i'm a little bit new to the world of growing and i need help.
    First of all, i started some plant (2) from seed, the first 4 weeks went very well, one has 8 in, and the other one 7, i don't know if it's "enough", but i'm happy to see them growing a little bit more each days :)

But my problem is, since hum... 1week and a half, they aren't growing anymore, what can be the problem ? i check the Ph of my water, 6.8 to 7.2... i used a good soil, they have sun from 8am to 6pm, i used a little of 20-20-20, but when i saw it gave nothin, i didn't use anymore, i'm waiting for your help. The leaves are... i dont know the word, but they "point the floor" if i can say :S. And the one at the base are green but seems to turn to yellow.

i started them indoor, and when they were like 2 inches i put them in a 6in diameter pot.

(sorry if my english is not very well :S)

vrolt

thx

2. I don't think they are getting enough light... are ur plants ever in shade during any time of the day? How often do you water them? and are they flowering yet since ur only gettin 10 hrs of light a day?

3. no flowers, they have sun from 8am to 6 pm, thats not enough, i have to fin a spot where they are always under sunlight ? i water them 1 time a day, but do you think i should find a spot and plant them in the soil directly, (with my own soil) where they will have more sunlight ?

4. If they have less than 12 hours light a day they will start to flower in your case prematurely I probably would suggest finding a spot in the ground with as much light as possible because the other thing is ur pot is too small for the plant it is goin to be root bound so your gunna have to transplant anyways. So when does the sun rise and when does it set where you are? Anybody else have any info?

5. Montreal, canada
    maybe... 6am to 8pm at this time of year. That would be enough if i find this kind of spot ? and it really needs to be deep in the forest, cause there is no forest here? i have a nice spot, open for the full sun time, and near a river.

6. Ya 14 hours light is good i'm getting bout 15-16 where i am. Forests aren't usually the best spots for plant due to the congestion of trees which block the light throughout the day but any open spots which get direct sunlight the whole day is best which your spot sounds like it is but don't plant too close the the river in case it rises or floods. When you transplant make sure u are very careful not to damage the roots.

7. They need way more sun and don't take them back inside because that is confusing the plants growth rate. Put them in a place where they are going to get 13-14 hours of good sun no shade
    Keep using the 20-20-20 I think your plants are trying to flower so you need to feed them some fert and get them into the sun immediately

8. root space? if your plants stop growing it maybe linked to the roots.

9. YO DUDE im in montreal canada too lol

i was looking for a spot for 2 years now and let me tell u its hard man the sq is smart but i found a nice spot !!! anyway i think ur prob might be that ur watering them too much ..... anyway im glad to find someone here thats from montreal keep it up and hope they live

my current grow pics:::http://208.53.138.5/etfiles/weed pics/

10. i moved them like you suggest me, and in 3 days, the bigger one is like 15 inch, but the other one :( rabbit eat a lot of my plant. The smaller had gain maybe 2 inch, but the leaves of the bottom are all eaten :(. What can i do to stop rabbit, i thought to piss all around my plant maybe haha.

I hope this first grow will give at least one small bud just for the work i done with it :p

And, a friend of mine gave me 5 seeds, i know it's late to grow it outside where i live (qc, canada), but this time i know how a little bit more. Is it good to use Bee One, each time i water and Big Bud, 1 time a week ? What can i do more ? thx

11. i like looking at the leaves. fkin amazes me to fk.
    like in hot sun, the open up & curve upwards to catch as much sun as possible.
    later, they'll go to sleep & curl downwards - just as if they're relaxing.
    & in rain, they will curl right down & let water run off the leaves & around the stem.

when a plant doesn't respond to light it wants repotting imo, or think about feeding it.
    if u restrict the root growth u will bonsai the fker & that's no use if u want bud ;)

12. but, if my plant have been eat by a rabbit, not all but a part of, like 20-30 % of the leaves, this plant is in trouble or it will live ?

13. dunno m8 but tbh if ur plants are looking sick u might as well get another crop started.
    see if u can salvage some cuttings off ur 1/2 eaten plants.
    set u back a bit but at least u'll get something back innit

14. ok and how i can "salvage" some cuttings ? any pics ? it's my firstgrow and i really want to harvest something :smoking: