My plan to change the world view on Marijuana...Need Your Help! Please read!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by growgreek, Jun 18, 2011.

1. the title needs to be catchy and remind people that what they have been told is a lie. They just take government bs and beleive it, but they see us as stupid stoners and just laugh off calls to legalize. We need to say something like "marijuana: is your knowledge from research or what you have been told?" and then a subtitle like "what you need to know about marijuana." Just slapping on titles like "Legalize marijuana" is not going to change minds, a lot of people will just think to themselves "stupid idiot potheads" and toss the pamphlet without even opening it (I once beleived the bullshit and that is what I would have done back then). Therefore we need a catchy title that points out they have been lied to and shows them they have not looked into it at all.

2. Great idea!!! I'll gladly distribute them once this pamphlet is made. :D

3. I am also Christian underground

4. Education is 50% of the struggle, very true growgeek. I wouldn't want us divided on this flyer or that flyer, a house divided amongst itself cannot stand. How about we start a new thread that is linked to this thread and vice versa to accumulate facts and information? I'm a noob at forums, but can someone possibly start a thread like "changing the world pt 2" link it and be ONLY for the accumulation of data, that way we have a thread for distribution and ideas (this one) and a thread for the data, then we can hash out a blunt report on our joint effort to to educate the public

5. #105 Carebearsx3, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I see what you did there. LOL, anywho, I agree. We educate first. It may seem like it'll take longer this way, but it is guaranteed it will happen.
    If all else fails, we all collaborate on buying an island and smoke freely there. 8)

6. To me, this statement is like saying, "Look, in order to do good in the world we can't give people free hugs, we need to dress a certain way so we don't scare off others for a hug they could get."

Doesn't matter the package, what matters is that people get off their fucking couches and actually do something, anything!

My flyer is strictly factual.
    If they tear it up, so what? You can't persuade everyone.

Even if I reach out and change 4 people out of 250, that's what matters.

7. Yea, but your approach might have the limit of 4 out of 250 people, while a pamphlet that doesn't have an obvious pro-marijuana message might have a greater limit. Just because something works doesn't mean it works good enough. Don't settle for less.

8. If they tear at up, that means they won't have read it, and they won't have taken us seriously. We need something that'll get them to read it. Look at it from their point of view.

9. I like it, don't settle for less! So no stats on criminality or public nuisances, just the pure biological mechanisms and data showing damage is non-existent to humans and also a listing of benefits. We can do this very simply guys. Watch "what if cannabis cured cancer" on the interwebs and take detailed notes. Those notes might as well be the flyer, it's pure knowledge about the value of cannabis

10. Even this approach won't reach a majority of the people you see to persuade.

I've learned that trying to offer the facts [in any way] can push people farther into their bubble, in the end... something has to happen for them on a personal scale for that kind of change.

Talking face to face or extreme drastic action are the ways to go.

Will I still put out my flyers, yes.
    Will the reach everyone? No.

Will your "package" work more effectively? Maybe
    But in the end, the people you really want to combat are the ones who need to find it out for themselves.

Mormon's could have a 100% full proof pamphlet that their way is right.
    99.99% of the time, I and everyone I know will take it, then throw it away.

You can offer information and peeks through doors, like what I'm going to do, or what your method is... but in the end, it's up to them.

A pamphlet doesn't compare to a personal experience or extreme action on a global scale. So to say my flyer is "bad" for your cause, is absolutely ridiculous.

Any way relating to this, as long as it doesn't give the DEA or mainstream media a statistic/story... is good.

And you know that.

11. Making a less effective poster/pamphlet isn't going to help..

12. I don't need everyone to be okay with weed, through experience or not, I desire their vote for rescheduling/decriminalizing. I see your point, but I cant get everyone to change their minds, I just need there to be enough doubt that they don't disagree with me, agreeance is unneccesary. It's like: if we have a vote, making a "no" voter abstain is just as good as making a non-voter vote "yes." The goal shouldn't and isn't 100% yes, but 0% no. Catch my drift?

13. Why dont we just do something very simple, it will have more impact...

Our message should be like a girl's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep it interesting.

Make it short and powerful, enough for them to research it on their own.

14. look at it from their point of view. some people are just stubborn and will never listen. others have their reasons. like said before, make it personal. look at what problems most humans have. stress is almost always on the list. say it relieves stress. another problem? lots of people have cancer. say it helps cancer. also some common things are psychological problems, like anorexia. say it helps anorexia.

btw- +rep growgeek

15. All I'm saying is this,

no need to bash someone else's view because you don't think it will be as effective as yours. Any good thing is a good thing, some will be more effective than others, so the fuck what.

16. So use the most effective method, that's what the fuck. Distibuting information effectivly is how points get across. Don't be an asshole just because your idea isn't best in the general concensous. If it was, why would we be telling you otherwise? That wouldn't get us anywhere. Don't get butthurt over constructive criticism, it's unbecoming of you.

17. Guys guys... Stop. we should do like all world leaders should have a long time ago in arguments with other peaders... Take a min to roll up a nice tasty fat joint, lay back in ur couch while enjoying a few dank hits, and then blcome back and make a fkin flyer together :)

18. Judging by your typing I'd say you already have :D

Sorry, had to ;)

19. ok guys this is not worth fighting over, we are arguing the same point from different points of views, if he wants to make a poster that wont impact the uneducated and focuses on the open minded ones, let him. ours will be for the close minded. and doing that will take more time and more effort with research.

and just so you know, i wasnt bashing your idea, like i said, i love the initiative and the drive to actually do something. that is great. it just doesnt mesh with the plan i have in my head and laid out here. if you choose to not participate in this, no body will fault you. no body will be angry. you do what you FEEL is right to do. as we all should.

i do ask though, if you would like to take a different direction on this, which you are not alone in if you read this whole thread, to start another thread, and use the people who agree with your form of the idea and move forward with as many of those people as possible.

this thread, and the others i start on this, will be for the plan laid out by me, and agreed upon by the others.

:)

remember we are one big family here and not everyone has to agree on the same ideas.

20. #120 javan, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
    I had said before, growgreek, I will be more then happy to distribute the pamphlet once it comes out in a final form :)

And yeah, this thread is for that pamphlet, and I was simply throwing a quick thought in, I had no intention to make it some distracting bullshit.

Cannibetrue, I wasn't being an asshole at all... calm yourself