My plan to change the world view on Marijuana...Need Your Help! Please read!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by growgreek, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I will translate into german

2. I know, I'm just a snobby web design nerd. Having professionally designed sites in the cannabis community would help to get rid of the stereotypical raging stoner image that the public has of us, but I digress...

Anywho, on with the subject at hand ;)

3. Oh ok that makes sense :D
    I think i'm going to write down 25 facts about hemp on a big poster and nail it on the door of the church... Or maybe better yet, make a really nice professional tv commercial.

4. I will also distribute

5. I'll distribute! The ignorance about marijuana makes me sick.

6. this is awsome guys...keep up the good work and fight for our rights!

PUFFER

7. #87 Primo_hash_oil, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    This is a great idea! I have a couple of ideas though.1) I like the titles Marijuana: Did You Know and Marijuana: The Real Truth.2) I think it should be more like a pamphlet, even if it's only three pages.3)I think this is what we've been leaning toward for the layout of the pamphlet, but for more of a guide maybe it should be constructed like a Driver's Guide(this will be a great layout for bullet points).4) I also think that once we get the pamphlet info posted on here so we can print them off and get them made, we should have a starting date for when we should start to pass them out(this might be a dumb idea, but I feel it could help in some way).
    Those are just a few of my ideas. I will be glad to help out the cause.

8. i'm down to distribute the pamphlets

9. Hahaha you should laminate that poster on the church so when they take it down they wont be able to rip it in half!:p

10. Im going to edit them for my provience and then print them out and get my friends and myself to give them out.

11. I'm down here in NY. If you get them made, I'll start distributing them.
    How about a title like
    "The blunt truth" or something similar. Inside could be facts with sources on the bottom of each page, and links to some sites such as NORML.

12. I was thinking of not even listing the words marijuana, cannabis, weed, etc until the end after ALL info has been given on the effects of the cannabinoids, listed by abbreviations and names that are not usually known: cbd, cbn, thcv, thca, tetrahydrocannabinol, etc. then at the end be like: ALL OF THESE ARE IN CANNABIS, MARIJUANA, ETC. blow their fucking minds before judgement ever crosses their mind

13. I really like the idea of putting the facts, and then at the end saying, "This is marijuana/cannabis/weed/pot" -- great idea calvin4986, props!

It doesn't even have to be a universal pamphlet, I just made this the other day:

[​IMG]

a single page flyer, and will be walking around at night in my city, systematically leaving them at the doorsteps of all the houses in different sections of my city each night, late at night.

I'm 21, no curfew for me, and nothing illegal about what I'm doing :)

14. I love being useful :) if we aren't gonna go light speed at this I can make some sort of flyer as well. The bigger the bank of info to create a flyer the better. We can break it down into sections (4 boxes or whatever) to explain bio/chemical effects, pro and con, usages in regular life (hemp, w.e.), criminal effects, and some other thing. Just thinkin, a visually appealing and well planned/organized flyer would make them keep reading without them even knowing lol. I'll make this shit, I'm down as fuck, just don't have time this week. Let's see some ideas on organization and presentation blades! We got drive and info, let's perfect the product

15. Awee yea, and maybe high enough to where they cant reach it ha i think they would become more anti

16. please dont take my idea and use that to start your own campaign. lets work together on this and take our time to do it.

if you post flyers like the one above, or the other one that someone posted, it will be torn down and ripped up by the christian conservatives and similar people.

our goal MUST be to educate those that are uneducated. and including in huge letters OK for pot or a huge pot leaf is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what will work. the only people you will get to support you are the ones that already do!

i love your enthusiasm guys, but if you decide to do your own thing, it will do more harm than good.

be patient, be conservative. and think like the opposition. this pamphlet/flyer we create must appeal to THEM, not to us. we already know the truth, it is time for them to learn it. if we force it down their throats, or push our own bias onto them the effect will be negative and not positive.

the title, must NOT be something that sounds like pot is good or ok. it MUST be something benign. something that a conservative anti-drug person would actually take the time to read. many of the things you guys have said are not that. the only supporting people will be people who already know the truth.

this flyer is NOT about legalization. Not about getting potheads to do something about it.

this flyer is for the education of the un-educated. and nothing else.

in this world you cannot go from step 1 to step 100 in 1 step. the first step we need to take with these people is education. steps 2-50 are also education, just more of it. steps 50-99 is just time, time for these new concepts and new knowledge to set in and brew a little in their minds.

once these ignorant people are no longer ignorant (or at least a good majority) we then can push the ideas of legalization and further decriminalization. but only AFTER the education and time for them to accept it.

so here it is the title of our flyer/pamphlet : "The Real Truth About Marijuana"

the layout will be one single page 8.5x11 piece of paper, the second side will be distribution ideas and how to get copies of the document online.

any more pages than that, it makes it more difficult to produce and distribute, as well as the most important factor: getting people to actually read it.

17. our goal is to make this look like the standard anti-drug flyers and pamphlets we have all seen. only this one will have the facts cited by actual scientific research

18. this is going to have the opposite effect of what we want to accomplish.

this flyer is a BAD idea....sorry....great intention though and well thought out....just not for the people who actually need to read it...

19. #100 JWest, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    The funny thing is that I happen to be a Christian, myself. There actually is an underground movement of Christians who support cannabis and view it for exactly what it is- one of God's creations that was made for our utilization and enjoyment (responsibly, of course). It's just sad to see that churches have been integrated into our ignorant society in such a way that they're simply not educated enough to view it this way. Hopefully someday we'll be able to change the minds of some of the churches as well. I hate seeing society's ignorance permeating through various churches to the point where they're willing to downright insult one of God's own creations and turn their backs on it.

Just thought you'd be interested in hearing an actual church-going stoner's view on things ;)