My plan to change the world view on Marijuana...Need Your Help! Please read!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by growgreek, Jun 18, 2011.

1. If you guys make this pamplet i will personally pass them out door to door her in Cork , Ireland :) .

2. ok guys it looks like we have a start on this....

how about a title?

i have a couple ideas, what do you think? any others?

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT MARIJUANA

DRUG FACTS

MARIJUANA FACTS

WHAT THE WORLD DOESNT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT MARIJUANA...

3. How about the end of the war on drugs ?

I also like "the real truth about Marijuana"

we need to get something that people would be intersested in reading.

4. i think the end of the war on drugs will be an instant turn off to those who are already ignorant on the subject...

the real truth about marijuana

is my favorite so far....

5. Marijuana: what pandora wanted us to know
    I'm so bored and not high, I can come up with better, but the source is missing

Also, everyone should watch what if cannabis cured cancer. Find a download or stream or buy it. Fucking amazing, 49 minutes of pure greatness

6. shit im down, make it and ill distribute

7. We really need to make something positive so that people negative on the subject will read.

8. Perhaps this should be in it somewhere? Father of our Country, and all that! :D

"Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!"

George Washington in a note to his gardener at Mount Vernon (1794), The Writings of George Washington, Volume 33, page 270 (Library of Congress)

9. Once its made ill be happy to distribute them :)

10. I think the cover of the pamphlet, and the title should be as benign as possible so that no matter what a person's opinion of the subject, they'll still be inclined to open the pamphlet and read it just to see what it says. Something as simple as Marijuana: Did You Know? Something like that is simple, and at first glance it doesn't give the reader a positive or negative notion. It causes the reader to have to open the pamphlet to find out what comes next. It's an old-fashioned advertising strategy, but one that always works.

11. Ive seen to many good ideas like this slip away, sticky this, keep it alive!

12. One more suggestion, Post this thread in a more active section of GC. Preferablly seasoned tokers.

13. good idea, i think though in the pamphlet marijuana should be changed to cannabis for obvious reasons.

14. if you guys make the pamphlet, i'll distribute them.

15. #36 Sweetleaftoker, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Alot of people dont realize Marijuana is cannabis though :/

16. It would have to be made personal. Like list things it can help to treat. In many cancer patients they lose the will to eat and mmj helps to stimulate their appetite thus bypassing the need for a feeding tube. My girl had breast cancer when she lived out on Florida and that was the only way she'd eat. (She still needed feeding tubes every once in a while when she was hospitalized because it isn't yet legal for medicinal use in that state.)

17. Alright, I'll refrain from making that pamphlet and wait until this one is done. BUT we MUST NOT let this thread die! This great plan could very well lead to being recognized by many, many people, and if that is to happen, we may actually accomplish something, even if it is merely educating the public. Cheers to this! :)

18. I have beem wanting to do this soo badly finally we are stepping up as one big team to fight for our rights globally. I know german and live in Germany so i will distribute this all across deutschland!
    I say we post something like 25 important facts to know about Hemp!
    There is an awesome source with all the information and citations we need called Hempgate

19. As much as I support this "Above the Ignorance" mindset (I do love switching around the anti-pot propaganda ;) ), this site is rather poorly constructed.

The general design/layout of the site is kind of unappealing, but on top of that, the facts are just sort of jumbled and poorly researched.

To quote the site:

1) "Cannabis" and "hemp" are not two separate subspecies of marijuana plants. Cannabis is the name of the plant genus, whereas hemp is usually used to refer to the fibrous material itself (though hemp is also sometimes used in reference to the plant itself).

2) Referring to a "plant" as an "organic compound" makes this sound like an 8th grader trying to sound extra smart while writing a science paper.

3) Again, we have the "two separate plants" problem I described before. Also, equating the therapeutic and medical benefits that marijuana can have to just flat out "medicine" is a poor choice of words. It just doesn't sound right.

4) I have a lot of problems with this paragraph... First of all, spelling. Can we get our grammar correct if we're going to have a professional site? Second, cannabis does have psychoactive ingredients, but to refer to them as a "rainbow of hallucinogens and intoxicants" is an extraordinarily poor way of putting it.

All in all, this site is sending out a poor message, really. It needs a complete re-write in order to be effective.