Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My plan for subbing for drug test... feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bmust71, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Hey All,

On Monday I have a drug test for a very important job- it would be absolutely crushing if I didn't pass. Since detox kits seem to be hit or miss, I figured subbing with clean piss is my best option. Here is my plan:

Go to kid's house with the clean pee, have him piss in a 3 oz travel size listerine bottle

Immediately put bottle in crotch under compression shorts with two hand warmers

Drive 15 minutes to the testing facility

Take hand-warmers out, leave bottle in crotch and walk into facility

Hopefully 'pee' within 5 minutes and get out of there

The facility is Labcorp and in my only experience they were very hands off (only make me empty pockets) and it was quick and easy. Obviously the goal here is getting it within that 90-100 degree temperature range. In my trial runs at home, the piss is 97 degrees when I put it in with the handwarmers, 100-102 after 15-20 minutes surrounded by the warmers in my crotch, and back down to 98 after 10 minutes of just sitting in my crotch.

What do you all think? I'm not planning on warming it too much with the hand warmers because ideally I'll be taking the test within 30 minutes of getting the clean pee. What I'm most worried about is that time I can't control when I walk out of my car to the facility. If there is a long wait I could be screwed, no line and it might not have enough time to cool back down to sub 100 in my crotch without the handwarmers...

Any suggestions are appreciated

2. I've done this a few times and it worked. I actually had a long wait and still passed.

3. Good to hear. Do you remember how long you had to wait? I've simulated as long as a 20 minute wait and it still appears to be warm enough...

4. about an hour or more. One time I went for a drug screen and they popped a salvia test on me. Still passed though. Idk how honestly. I had smoked an hour prior to going.

5. I did the same thing at the same company. Worked great, had to wait about 30 mins. I only used one hand warmer (duck taped) around inner leg, liquid in a 10cc syringe. For me one hand warmer kept the temp around 98 for hours, wouldnt go up or down. Just do lots of test runs. Also found as you cover the hand warmer with tape it can control the temp, too much tape (or too little of the warmer exposed to air) ment the hand warmer didnt get hot enough.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also did my test runs for 3-4 hours at a tim. So i could strap up at home, drive there, and who cares how long i waited.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Would you take the hand warmer off before you went into the the testing facility?

8. No, set it up as such so the single hand warmer kept it at 98 ish at all times, or until the hand warmer started to die.

This was back in 2007? Now id be afraid the have thermal cameras in the waiting room ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I've subbed quite a few times. I found if you can keep your specimen up against your skin it'll stay right at 94F, no hand warmer needed and warm enough.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 jay719, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    It is no big deal if you get it a little too warm. I would rather have it at 110 than 94. The cup they give you for the sample has a temp strip on the side. If it is too hot just swish it around and blow on the cup for a minute. Once it hits 98 walk on out with the sample. If it is too cold because some lab fluke results in waiting too long then you are just screwed.

What I do is use an ace bandage and wrap it around my upper thigh. In the parking lot of the testing facility, or on the drive over, I crank up the heat in my car and hold the sample against the vent. A few minutes will get the sample to 100+. Then I place the heating pad on one side of the bottle with a rubber band and place the other side of the sample against my thigh inside the ace bandage. Between the heating pad and the fact that it is held tight against one of the warmest parts of the body will ensure good temps an hour later. The bandage also has the added benefit of limiting movement of the sample as well as the possibility of it falling out at the wrong time as opposed to just tucking it in undergarments.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the responses. I'm now thinking I'll use just one hand warmer and keep it against the bottle the entire time instead of removing when I arrive at the facility. Like others have said, I can always stall a little in the bathroom if it looks too hot.

I have been using aquarium strip thermometers for my trial runs so I hope they are accurate. All the readings seem reasonable so far- didn't have time to order and wait for drug test specific thermometers to arrive

12. It is basically the same thing. The bottles with strips attached are just generic bottles with stick on strips just like for the aquarium. While it could be possible to get a bad one, I would think the chance would be rare. I worked at an aquarium store for years and never had one brought back that I can recall.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Currently have a code red situation: the buddy who was gonna piss for me has backed out, sending me into a bit of a panic. Don't have many friends who are clean...

My other buddy is clean and said he would piss for me but we are both applying for the same company and evidently his test is right after mine. His concern (as with mine) is that since we are going back to back that they'll be able to detect that it is the same pee... can anyone share any knowledge on this?

14. They will never know it was the same stuff, don't worry about that at all. Kids are a good source of clean urine, maybe you have friends with young kids? But your buddy's urine will do just fine. He doesn't have anything against you, eh?

15. Haha no vendetta that I'm aware of but won't they be suspicious of two consecutive tests coming back with the same ng/ml reading? Or do they not test samples sequentially?

16. To be on the realistic side, you failed and they just didn't care or test for THC. Unless it was some miracle :smoke:

17. The test could have been bad as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Had the test today- everything went according to plan. As I was in the bathroom the two workers were conversing which was great because I was so nervous I couldn't even pee and needed the noise. The temp strip looked like it was between 96-98 but I was so ready to get out of there I didn't take a long look. No wait in line and it was only 25 minutes from when I got the piss from my buddy to when I left the facility. Hands were shaking when I signed the forms but I just tried to scribble as fast as I could.

My advice to others:
    1) Research lab sites. In my situation I was allowed to pick any labcorp location so look at reviews, some labs are infamous for having long waiting periods
    2) Turn up the charm when you're there. Not too much to be suspicious but be pleasant enough to get the benefit of the doubt. For me, the nurses started chatting it up once I went in the bathroom and maybe they wouldn't have done that if I appeared nervous.
    3). Try to pick dead times during the day. 3:00 was the perfect time, and on the sign in sheet the last person came in at 2:20 so if you don't want to wait pick that soft spot in the afternoon if you can
    4) Practice, practice, practice. Try the shortest time it could possibly take and the longest. Experiment with different bottles (mine I had to screw off the top w/ a child lock which was harder than it needed to be)

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who gave me advice. Its nice having people who have been in similar situations confirm or squash suspicions and it really provided me peace of mind as I was preparing.

Lastly, this blunt tonight is going to feel incredible without the weight of this test on my shoulders lol