My pit bull is pregnant from a coyote

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Jaubrey, Aug 30, 2012.

1. I am pretty sure you can keep them. My friend had a neighbor who had one. I may be wrong but just trying to help out. And I don't see why it would be illegal to own a coyote anyways. I had a half dog half wolf w/o a permit or anything so I don't see why a coyote would be worse

2. [quote name='"Hiebs"']

I've hardly read your posts and I can't wait till you get your ass banned. Shut the fuck up and stop preaching rules... you joined in July kid. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Oh the irony..

Get off your high horse dude. No one cares that you been here for years... Get real

3. nah, that's not true. it's pretty common for coyotes, domesticated dogs, and wolves to all intermate and breed.

The chicago suburbs are filled with coyotes, my cousin works for fish and game, and in this area at least, they are starting to find a lot of coyote/dog mixed breeds. Both from domesticated dogs not penned up right and from wild dogs as well.

4. Raise them and love them man:) id love to have a unique pet like that. I someday wanna get a monkey, I plan on teaching to smoke weed if he likes it's and teaching him some awesome shit:)

5. i havent yet found any definite legislation in ca on coyotes or coydogs. theres a law saying that one may not own a pure non-domesticated canid. any hybrid laws i can find only mention wolves.

6. [quote name='"Jaubrey"']i havent yet found any definite legislation in ca on coyotes or coydogs. theres a law saying that one may not own a pure non-domesticated canid. any hybrid laws i can find only mention wolves.[/quote]

Youre not suppose to breeding hybrids. Then trying to sell them on Craigslists

7. if jr. mods want to speculate that im breaking the rules, shoudnt they also quote some rules or something?

8. if i could, i would keep all of them. and the only way someone would get one is if they and their home met some safety requirements i would let them pay a small fee to cover food and shots. im not going to throw them in a box and sell them on the street. thats ridiculous.

9. you dont seem to be very easygoing. kind of insigative to me.

10. right? it was enough awhile back

anyways, my dog is very well-tempered and good with kids and other dogs, just like her parents. so with the right attention, these could be great companions/pets

11. Yooo keep one secretly

12. No way, man.

Coyotes readily hybridize with domestic dogs.

My grandparents live in Tucson, Arizona, and you see coyotes with rotweiler and pitbull in em.

Coy-dogs are not rare in any sense.

13. aaaaaand my landlord said i cant keep one =[

14. why'd you tell em it was a coyote mix?

15. My mistake guys, I don't know why I was under the impression that that wasn't so, but it appears that you're both correct.

16. But if a coyote was capable of entering the property, I don't see why a domesticated dog wouldn't be.

Unless you caught your dog in the act with the coyote, I don't see how you can be so sure that a domesticated dog couldn't have slipped in without you noticing and nailed the bitch.

17. hes a really nice guy, feeds me and smokes me out often, so i dont want to lie to him. plus, hed figure it out since he also lives here and knows that no male dogs have been here