My pipe is still dirty Help

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by taytay, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Ok so I always have this problem I try and clean my pipe because it's dirty but it doesn't get completely clean. I use a zip loc bag and put salt and alcohol in the bag and shake it up. Most of it gets clean but some of it doesn't and it drives me crazy. I just want a nice fresh clean pipe every once in a while. Any tips? Or is there any better methods to go about cleaning? Please let me know.

Here are some pictures of it so you know what I'm talking about
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I've been having the same exact problem and I find it helps if you scrub it a bit with a pipe cleaner you know the kind you made things with as a kid

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. yes scrub it.   just like anything else, youve got to enact mechanical washing along with your rinsing.

Qtips work well...   I like to get strait 'chillum' type pieces because you cant actually clean them.

Spoons are harder, but its so doable.   The main thing is to have a carb big enough to get a qtip into (and out of)....   and it looks like your carb is big enough... am i right?

or ami right or am i right or am i right

4. Thanks guys the qtip did work I just had to pull a little of the cotton off to get it to fit in the carb but i couldn't get to the side opposite of where the carb is .. Any suggestions for that besides the pipe cleaners?

5. How long did you put the pipe in the ziplock bag for? My pipes come out like that when I only put it in the ziplock bag for 30mins to an hour. If you didn't leave it in the ziplock for a long time, I say try and leave it in there for longer and then clean it. The alcohol probably didn't sink in enough to clean it. 

6. this is why i hate these kind of pipes but use a qvtipnit some thin metal to scrape it off

7. I didn't soak it for long at all! I am going to really soak it next time. Thanks everyone for the help!

8. you can try pouring boiling water through the pipe which works very well even for hard to reach places. Just don't do it high so you don't burn yourself.

9. I like to clog 2 of the holes and poor hot alcohol into the 3rd hole and shake it around. Then let it soak in a bag of alcohol for at least 30 minutes. If anything is left hot water rinse until it I out.

10. Boil it in water. Put some water in a pot with some salt, place the bowl in the water gently while the water is cold and just starting to warm up (if you just stick it in there while it's boiling it will crack/break/shatter), set the flame to a medium intensity, let it boil for a while. You will have a clean sexy bowl.

11. try putting some salt in through the mouth piece or bowl, and then a little alc also inside, hold on tight and shake. theres a few other chemicals you could use but im just thinking with what you have.

12. That little bit worries you? I usually let mine build up so for the fuming color and because I scrape my pieces when I'm hurting for cash because I won't buy ganj if I have other priorities. Nasty, but worth it.

13. put it in a microwave safe bowl. emerge it in rubbing alcohol until its completely cover. Now just microwave on high for 1-2mins. let it soak for about 10mins and everything should come right off.

14. -Soak the pipe longer
    -always use Pipe cleaners or Q-tips if they are small enough to fit into it
    -Nothing wrong with multiple alcohol washes and make sure you use kosher or sea salt. the kind with big huge chunks.

I have a pipe that fits perfectly into this tuperware bowl I have. so I wedge it in the bowl and cover it in salt and alcohol and shake the shit out of that fucker every so often while it soaks

15. I've used rice instead of salt with ISO when I've had some stubborn stains on my bong. You could try that, as long as you can get the rice out again. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app