My Picasimus just died

Discussion in 'General' started by deadkndys, Apr 29, 2012.

1. So yeah I just went to feed it and I saw it not moving so I poked him with a hanger to verify my suspicion and sure enough I was right.

I had him for about 11 years.

Well now its going to be fertilizer for my tomato and corn plants.

2. Was it huge? I had a fatty one years back.

3. So the point of this thread is?

4. Not really big about 9 or 10 inches long.

To inform people my fish died...your not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

5. I didn't know what a Picasimus was. Then I looked it up.
    Op's fish died, and it looke something like this: [​IMG]

RIP

6. rip, yea they are often called plecos, or plecostomus, algae eaters. They are sweet, i used to have some crazy breeds of em. They can get real expensive when u custom order sweet ones, but they are some patterns you wouldnt believe op. get a new one!

look up some breeds, the zebra pleco is awesome.

7. I would but im over having fishes at the moment lol.

prior to this fish I had 2 Oscars and 2 tropical fish (I forgot the name of them) for about 8 years.

8. Sorry to hear!

9" for one over a decade meant tank was too small, they easily reAch 12" in about 4-5 years.

Get a smaller species, royal plecos don't cost too mch and look cool as hell.

9. I had him in a 40 gallon tank until i moved him into a smaller one once my other fish died.(That was about 9 months ago)

10. 40 is way too small!

Plecos also prefer fast current, why they have sucker mouth. To cling to rocks in fast current.

How was surface movement? Stagnant tanks can be stressful for these fish.

11. Im not sure what you mean by that.

12. it is the circle of life man...the gift that keeps on giving...even if you would have never dreamed of eating your friend, now you get to anyway, in the form of vegies...

i think that is beautiful somehow...thanks for sharing.:hello:

13. Way to recycle!

14. I grew up with one too. And it definitely got over a foot in like 3-4 years. They are nice fish. Sorry for your loss man.

15. Sorry to hear that man, Hope you get a new fish that will live that long..
    I thought your newskool Tamagachi like thing died, does that make me stupid too? Maybe so...:confused_2:

Plus why insult ones intelligence like you did above when you were so specific some people wouldn't understand the topic that was posted in the wrong section anyways...Pets - Grasscity.com Forums