My philosophy.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by simmer, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Society is incredibly backwards. At least Modern "western" society is.

Everything is so backwards. Things that are not important are proudly proclaimed to increase your happiness. Fools are paraded and praised. The one-sided perspective is given more credibility than the "well thought out" view point.

It's pointless to fret over but it still absolutely blows my fuckin' mind how ignorant and backwards we are as a society.:mad:

(/$0.02)

2. Some actual references to names and/or events would make your original post a lot stronger :)

3. #3 Dryice, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    o_O Western society is completely and utterly pragmatic. I have no idea where you think that we don't give credit to the 'well thought out ideas' because those are the ones we utilize - democracy? trade unions (not such a good idea anymore - but they were needed back then)? capitalism?

Your OP was kind of vague sorry if I took it another way.

4. Well I certainly agree that we need a revamp of our society.

I would say that we're less a democracy and more a republic though.

Individual vote for others to vote for them, per the electoral college.

5. Well one good of the electoral college system is that it prevents extremely dense urban cities from sweeping ballots. Though there's no question we're a republic - but the idea of going away from authoritarian government is a western philosophy.

6. Versus china dynasties and Japanese emperors?

What about English, French, Danish Kings. German Kaisers? Hitler as supreme leader, for a slightly more recent turn.

7. #7 Dryice, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    Yep... then the American Revolution came round and turned the whole world upside-fucking-down.

edit*

I never claimed authoritarian governments never existed? Most countries were under a monarch at some point, or some other centralized power.

8. What of communism? Still in Cuba.

9. What about it?

10. An authoritarian government in the west. ;)

11. It's working out well for them, right?

12. I didn't say it was successful.

Although I bet it's working out well for Castro, and his offspring. :laughing:

13. Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a alcohol baby.

14. Yeah... we're all fucked ups.