MY PH Level is all over the place

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrsoft47, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Hey there,

I have a couple of Strawberry Coughs along with some hemp plants (4 the CBD only),

I'm wondering a few things about PH because one of my SC's have a gnarled leaf.

Water is from the tap PH = 7.2

Medium is COCO/Perlite PH = 6.1

So I adjust normally down to about 6.5 then I add the nutes.

1) Today I added nutes then added the usual 4 drops of ph down and my PH was about 5.4, Are my nutes able to affect the PH of the water?

2) I don't normally check my runoff water but after adjusting the PH of the water back to 6.1ish I flushed out the girls and check the runoff and it was like 5? Does this matter?

cheers and thanks

2. :wave: ::Bump::

Come on guys, someone must know whether this is important or not......

3. Yes nutes lower your ph when added, typically ph of solution rises as nutes are used up by plant.

4. Add your nutes first to your water then check PH, Then lower if needed. Nutes always affect ph and ppm.

5. Thanks Peeps,

Just one last thing, is the runoff water a concern being so low or just don't bother???

6. I know it was already discused but add the nutrients then Ph adjust everything.

You are probably Ph locking your plants from some vital nutrients. You should see an increase when they start getting a 6.5 Ph after the nutes are added.

Not all nutrients lower your Ph. Depending on the company producing them. I know Fox Farm's line of nutrients lowers Ph, but there are cases where other growers have had nutrients that raise the Ph to 9.0-10.0 or so.

Its just showing you that your Ph when being added is very low. Ph some water to 7.0, and measure the run off of that. If its much below 6.0 I'd be surprised if they weren't locked out of nutrients.

7. Hello mrsoft,

I started out using distilled water and my pH stayed perfect - but moving to a larger res makes buying distilled impractical now. Since I've switched to de-chlorinated tap water, I have to watch pH pretty carefully - like yours, it is too high after res changes and I have to use pH down... my nutes never affected pH in distilled, but the tap water sure does!