Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My personal Cannabis Tea recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Outis, Jan 12, 2011.

1. #1 Outis, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
    Tried-and-true, works every time.

Ingredients
    Ground weed to taste; I usually use about a half of a joint's worth
    1 tablespoon real butter
    1 packet of chamomile tea
    Sugar to taste
    1 cup of water

What You Do
    Start by boiling water. I use a kettle.
    While it's boiling, assemble your brew-station:
    Put the weed, butter, chamomile, and sugar in a coffee cup​
    Pour the boiling-ass-hot water into the cup.
    Place a small saucer over the cup to trap in the heat.
    Leave it alone for approximately 30 minutes. I usually go take a shower or something.
    Take the saucer off, stir, and enjoy. Drink everything. Except the chamomile. Take that out first.

Average time to kick in varies. I usually feel my stomach growling after T+1H, then I end up peaking around T+3H.

The smell is "little to none". You can smell it if you stick your face over it, but it doesn't smell the house or anything. So this is great for you super-secret-espionage tokers.

2. I'll give this a try, but I'm gonna tweak it a little.

3. Post what you change, I'm interested and I'm sure others are as well.

4. I am very interested about what other people have to say about this as I might try it. I'd like to know the weed to butter ratio and how much is effective. I'd imagine that it's about the same as firecrackers. Does it have to be chamomile tea? I also usually only steep my tea for about five or six minutes. Is it alright to take out the tea bag before the 30 minutes is up? One last question, should I stir the contents before I let it sit for 30 minutes? Hope to hear back soon, sounds like a fun thing to try and easy to make!

5. what, hows the high, something this simple, is just gsbdgyduhbhusdgdihn.

6. I'm curious as well on how the high is, like intensity and all that good stuff?

7. Sounds like i need to try this, i think im going to decarboxylate the bud in the oven at 220 for a shorter amount of time than usual, then do this, the boiling point of water (212 deg. F) is just barely below the temp to fully activate thc, but still works!! Hahaha if i do, ill report back

8. I tried this once with seeds and stems, like 10gs of seeds and stems and it didnt work.

9. Seeds have no cannabinoids in them to the guy above them and stems have little (extremely miniscule) amounts of cannabinoids.

Im also interested what the high is like for something this simple, and like another person said do you have to leave the teabag in the entire half hour? I usually find if you dont pull it out after 4-6 minutes it gets very bitter.

10. The teabag is probably for flavoring purposes. So you probably could take it out whenever you feel your tea is flavored enough.

11. If you want a stealthy, mild buzz, and don't mind sacrificing some potency, it's a good way to go :) But recipes like these unfortunately do very little for many people, especially those who smoke regularly, and for those who face digestive disorders or have any amount of scarring.

For those who don't have to worry about odor, making a batch of canna oil/butter then simply adding a dose of the resulting oil to a hot beverage (or a blended icy beverage) is a more efficient, and much more potent method of consuming your herb. Any leftover oil can be stored in the freezer for future drinks.

You can get away with using as little as 1/4 of a teaspoon of oil, so it's easier to drink and get down as well. When oil is made well, it only takes .2 - .3 grams per dose to give most people an incredibly narcotic effect, if you want a milder or more functional effect, you'd use even less, so it is a very efficient way of using your herb.

--------

If making a single dose, you should attempt to decarb your material, then heat the decarbed herb and oil together first, before adding a larger quantity of water.

- I decarb single and smaller doses in a very small, but thick, oven safe ceramic dish, wrapped tightly in aluminum foil to prevent over-heating and vapor escaping, at 210 f. for 20 minutes.

- Use a normal very small cooking or sauce pot, and start by melting a teaspoon of butter along with a teaspoon of water, then add the herb or (even better) hash, gently sauteeing for a few moments under a low heat.

- Then, using your kettle, add boiling water, sugar and your tea leaves. Cool, and drink.

There's nothing wrong with the recipe as posted by Outis, it's perfectly fine for most people who have larger supplies of herb. I only pitch in, so those folks who have less available to them, can use what they do have, as efficiently as possible. Good luck! :)

12. trying the ops recipe now with about a joints worth of dank ill post back later with results:smoke:
    Thx for the recipe

13. took a while to kick in but one cup gave me a nice mild body buzz thx for recipie ill try 2 cups next time

14. #14 bamf64, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    followed your directions and its sitting there with foil and a saucer on top! used about .5 or so of some FIRE OG KUSH :D. hope it works! (and i think it will cuz i have the lowest tolerance EVER.) ill let you know how it goes later tonite!

wish me luck!

Edit: SHIT that was like a horrible 30 mins lol. i did everything you said and I COULDNT DRINK IT!

it tasted like super strong butter and BUTTER. couldnt do it..lol

15. #15 Outis, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    It's enough to feel, but you aren't fucked up like you just ate some serious brownies or anything. It's mild.

Like whoever said earlier, making weed oil and using that would be more efficient. I just do this because I usually do it on a whim and don't make oil in advance or anything.

As for the chamomile, it's just for flavor. I find it's much stronger than other herbal teas and covers up the nasty butter taste. I usually leave it in the whole 30 minutes, but it's however long you want.

BadKittySmiles is right; if you have a crazy tolerance, this won't do much for you. I'm not a daily toker by any means, so it works for me. And like they said, it helps if you have a good supply of weed. Weed here is very cheap, I use mids for this ... $20 for 7g.

16. i recomend a vanilla chai tea. it goes best with the cream/butter

17. I'll have to try it out. The chamomile is strong enough to cover the weed/butter taste, but vanilla chai does sound very appealing.

18. I made this recipie with a lemon flavoured tea of some kind, it ended up tasting pretty good when it mixed in with the bud :)

19. i couldnt do it! butter tasted NASTY and all the floated weed on top just couldnt get down my throat. owell.

life is all about trying things. some fail :p

thats why they invented the BONG. (and hubby bars :D ) :bongin:

20. i own this[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rival-WARMER-BEV-COFFEE-RIVAL/dp/B000LNQOT2/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1295307221&sr=8-12]Amazon.com: WARMER BEV&COFFEE RIVAL: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

and after i pour the water into the cup of canna-tea-mixture I set it on this with the plate over it and whenever i remember it again I drink it, usually within two hours because after that i get a little wary about the safety of the butter. Noticeable increase in potency this way, and those things are cheap enough to justify the purchase for quick and easy edibles.

I find mixing lemon and chamomile teas together cover the flavor best