My PC Grow Case

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by yupeyeball, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Ok so Im new at this and am going to need some help, Im from northern california so I grew up with weed and Im ready to get started with creating my own :) Im going to start at the bottom I have an old pc The measurments are 14' x 14'x 7' I will include a picture I have begun gutting it but need some advice, I also need a checklist of the things I need to purchase in order to do this right, keep in mind Im trying to keep it relatively cheap... under 100... I understand it may take a few trys before I get an actual yield and thats fine if need be, me and my two buddys smoke about an ounce a day so this isnt for profit/weed, its for the love of it. and hopefully to learn about growing for when we get a room. all advice will be greatly appreciated, I will attack my first picture of where Im at so far

THANKS

-T

Attached Files:

2. Oooo the fun part...tearing it apart.

You probably want to get a drill and start drilling out the rivets, they're usually pretty easy...try to use a larger sized bit though so you don't get a bunch of donuts stuck on the drill bit lol. just take out one piece at a time.

Any thoughts to what kinda lighting you're gonna use?

3. In addition to what Bongsauce said - if drilling, use the right drill bit. You'll a bit which drills metal (not wood or stone/concrete).

4. No idea what lighting that's Just one of the areas I need your gyys' advice. And thanks I really appreciate it I'm gonna gut it today and will post pics

5. I would look into getting a bigger case if I were you. I just got two big cases for free from an electronics recycling center. Look for one in your area and go ask them if they have any huge cases laying around. If they get curious, tell them your buddy is helping you build a gaming computer and all you need is the tower unless you know a lot about that stuff then just tell them whatever.

6. PICS!

OK So everyone be nice to me I did this today and obviously I still have to work some kinks out (ok a bunch) but this is the beggining, I do think I need more space but if worst comes to worst I can use this to get plants until they need to be moved to a bigger area.... I hooked the fans up to 12 volt batterys.... little ones but they stopped working so I need to figure that out,

what is the grate type contraption and is there a way to keep it very short but grow bushy and flower?

I got it food today and watered it

its a sour diesel clone..

I will be VERY grateful for all advice.

7. I hear you on working out kinks with grow boxes. I haven't even started my grow yet and I'm already designing new boxes. By "grate type contraption" do you mean the screen used for scrog?
    There are many ways to keep the plant short and bushy but I'll let the growers with experience tell you about it. Until then use the search function for techniques like low stress training, screen of green, topping, fimming, etc.

Edit: Wiring the fan to an ac adapter, there are several tutorials on here for that.

8. Thanks waffle man! good luck with yours

9. Thanks! I just got my beans from attitude in the mail today but with a full load of college classes I'm gonna have to postpone starting any of the seeds for about a week until things calm down. Which may work to my advantage because I just got two new cases for free that I'm gonna mess with and see if either will work better than the first one I built.

10. awesome bro. and you already got a plant going. waisting no time. Hopefully I get my kinks out by Monday when I start the process.

gotta choose a strain.

11. good luck, hopefully well get to see some pics and u will grow a nice plant