My Pc Grow Box with Pics

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dhufishin, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hi people I recently added a thread of information on my pc grow box Australian style. well this is the final product , hope you like , It contains 2 exhaust fans , 1 intake fan and a nice passive intake hole , two cfl 48watt lights which can also be changed to 28 watts for sprouting , the case is covered in windshield reflector and the container I selected is for intense LST , along the container its approx 3.5 litres . There is approx 8 - 9 inches from the light to the container. There is also a temp gauge and the lights have individual switches if I want to turn one off. I cam up with a great idea to stop light leaks I have large thin magnets in black which I lay straight over the Pc door which has a slight crack in it and this stops all light from leakingIn Australia atm the temps are ranging from 35 - 40 c , at this time temp with the air con inside it runs at 80f , however at night with teh air con on temps run at 75f so Ill be running the lights at night.This is all connected to timers outside the case. Just waiting on my seeds to arrive hopefully next week. Hope you like . Most of my information came from this website thanks people.:)

Attached Files:

2. Very nice.

3. You had me fooled. You did some nice DIY....goodluck and let us know how it go.

4. Thanks heaps for the comments , i got so much information from this website its awesome , once i get my seeds ( fingers crossed) i will start a grow journal an keep you up to date with my grow :) thanks for looking people.

5. Might want to make some light blocks for your exhaust fans, other than that it looks nice! I'll be following :smoke:

6. Hey sorokya could you point me in the right direction for light blocks on the pc fans ?! Any help would be great ill do a search on here aswell . Hoping my seeds arrive from attitude this week !

7. These two videos show the ones I'm talking about.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJsu4lnlhU4&list=PLA7723AC184F29DDC&index=19&feature=plpp_video]How To Build A Grow Box From Start To Finish (11 of 24) - YouTube[/ame]'
    just watch part 11, to 13.

8. Hey peoples thanks for the links to the light traps , very helpful an easy to make , the pc box sit along my tv cabinet so the light traps which are external sit in the gap from the wall to the tv cabinet perfect an no light stoked !! An they are easy to remove for carbon filter time ! Thanks for the posts an views grasscity ! Keep up the good ideas.

9. Hi people just noting that today my seeds arrived from attitude , i was stoked concidering i live in australia . I got lowryder two fem seeds an they three in a free fem seed of cotton candy. So my experience with attitude was great , there was a mistake in the delivery detials so i rang them an the error was fixed then an there ! Stealth not very stealth imo but i wont mention detials . So i think attitude are great 7/10Just stoked they got to me. Ill start germination tonight an hopefully soon ill get some picks up . I added the light traps an since i have my temps in my grow box are lower maybe because the creating more pressure an more air is flowing through i dunno but this is my guess ! Anyways im stoked they stay round 25 to 26 c . Cheers grasscity !

10. glad to hear it!
    keep us updated.

11. UPDATE ONE

Hello Grasscity , This is my end of week update. With a few pics added in. So I finally got my seeds from the attitude. All I can say is that these guys were great.Also got a free fem seed. Stealth wasnt top notch but aslong as the seeds are in my hands who cares 9 days and they were here.

Also I have made an adjustment to the fans. My 3 fans were running of a 5v phone charger and were moving hardly any air.Last night I did a bit of research and decided 9v to 12v atleast was needed. After a look in the computer tub at my house ( a tub full of usb cords power decks , chargers etc) I found this great Ac/Dc charger/adapter with the ability to change the volts it pumps out simple by pushing the bar across. So I installed this and now I can adjust the speed of my fans I can tell you 12 volt pushes some freakin air out of them ( Great for when I need to install my carbon filter).My case sits at like 22-24 c temps on 9volts through the installation of ac/dc adapter so im stoked. Im runnining 96 watts in there.

So anyways I germinated the seed in water for 24 hours and then I placed into my soil and made a little greenhouse as you can see. Did this yesterday so today is the second day. Still no sign of the sprout but patience. Switched the lights on for 18-6 schedule and Now im just waiting for her to break the soil. She has been named already ( Poppet ) due to the fact she came with a box of lollies poppets. Keep you updated grasscity Have a good weekend.

Attached Files:

12. I know your in oz and Im in the UK but your last pic takes the piss,just because your the otherside of the world doesnt mean you have to post your pics upside down lol.

Keep it up mate early days atm.

Allow upto 7 days for her to show up. Dont dig around and try to find her she`ll show her face when the times right.

13. Haha cheers for thr comment, yes it is early days Cant waite for Poppet to breach the surface. For some reason the last photo wouldnt save the right way up so Thats how it is . ( The taken the piss photo il name it ) lol. Next update in a few more days. BTW I love that fan adapter I just quiten the fans down when Im sleeping and boost em up when Im home and awake. Temps are low as bloody beautiful just the way we like it.

14. Maybe I should make a journal so more people can see my updares an work ?

15. This isn't a journal???

16. I thought there was a journal sections but i got it confused with the blogg section. . I will continue this thread . Currently waiting for poppet to sprout :D

17. journal, blog, updates or grow along with you, it's all the same. we are following to see what you're doing and growing and (eventually) smoking. Keep up the excellent "posts", lol!

18. UPDATE TWO

Hey Grasscity , Just an update on My lowryder Fem. So I germinated the seed ( paper towel method ) and placed it in the soil. 3 days later nature took its course and Poppet sprouted incredible stuff. I left the plastic dome on until 2 sets of leaves were visible I then removed the dome sprayed Poppet lightly with water to assist her with the change from the dome to normal air / temp. So these pictures are Poppet at the end of day 1 , 2 and 3 . Today / Tonight I have given her a decent spraying of water. Most threads I have read states to water once every two or three days , or when soil about 1 inch under the soil is dry. Meanwhile I am expending alot of time and effort and research into creating affective carbon filters for the two exhaust fan or one complete unit. Ideas are more then welcome . Dont be shy people I love the comments and feedback on how I can improve my grow. Thanks again grasscity We love you ! haha Peace Out

Attached Files:

19. Water 1ml every 2 days until you notice her drying out faster then usual.

Don't water right around the stem, water on the edges of the pottery.

To encourage roots to grow outwards and not downwards.