My Pax by Ploom Review

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Big Chief 90, Aug 3, 2012.

1. So I was deciding to get either the Pax or the Puffit, and I wasn't sure which, but i ended up forking over the extra money for the Pax. Let me tell you, it is everything everyone says it is and more, and was well worth every penny. I have never smoked from a vape this fast and easy to use, AND ITS PORTABLE!

Pros -

• This thing is small, smaller than your smart phone
    • Super stealth, it's so easy to use, and with one hand, its cake
    • Very conservative with bud, a full bowl last a long long time
    • Never burns bud
    • Heats up fast
    • Produces very pure tasting vapor and a LOT of it
    • Temp settings do make a difference (depending on what you want at the time)
    • Fast recharge, good battery life
    • Nice hard aluminum metal body.
    • Ultra sleek and classy (especially black)
    • Easy to clean
    • Heats up to be warm, not hot, and wont burn your hands, but warms up like a hand warmer
    Cons-

• Bowl could be bigger for multiple people, but its not really a party piece
    • Bottom lid gets hot after continuous use and can burn you

Overall-
    I think this vape will definitely change the world of portable vapes. It really is amazing, and I was skeptical reading its reviews (like you probably are now) but I took a risk, bought it, and couldn't be happier. I love the volcano and everything, but this is the best vape overall because its portable. it gives the same good results and household systems and fits in the palm of your hand. its great.

2. What shipping company did Ploom use? Also what kind of box did your package arrive in?

3. My only complaint about this thing is there's no ability to vape bong :(

4. Awesome review man thanks!

5. Not true. There are videos on the Pax thread on fuckcombustion.com

6. [quote name='"kaptan"']

Not true. There are videos on the Pax thread on fuckcombustion.com[/quote]

It is true. Iloveboobs was able to find a little plastic attachment to vaporbong, but there's no easy way for just anyone to vaporbong with it. SliM would have if he could by now I'm sure.

7. some really soft tubing should work too. let me see if i can use something else. i just do vape bonging for the videos, the pax is my portable so i don't use with water daily. if i'm home and have access to my bongs, i would use my cloud instead.

8. I actually quit trying because the concept I had... I needed another mouthpiece to cut apart. bOOb's fix does seem to work. I think you can pick up that adapter at like vinyl sign stores and stuff.

I think if you get a 2nd mouth piece you can cut the Steel part out of it... then you can attach a silicone tube to that with a GonG adapter.

9. the shipping from vape world was just a white box with a sticker on it. from warehouse goods

10. As far as a vape bong. I dont think itd work. Unlike the mflb, it doesnt pour out vape, you have to suck it out a bit. Maybe a gravity vape bong. That would work well because itd pull the vape from the pax and its easy to do. Get a bottle. Some tubing. All set

11. Well I actually got a set up that works. Although I tried to use it on my 18inch Mobius 65t Stereo Matrix... it was to big for the PAX to keep up with. I actually could pull on it hard enough to get the heater to need to re-heat. I long slow draw work. You will not get super dense clouds on larger pieces. You have to make sure you keep moving the device or it will go into cool down mode. I kind of shake it some while I am hitting it.

It would worker on a smaller babbler or mini can. On a smaller piece you could get a good hit out of it.

12. Ive beeb really torn on a new portable. I have an mflb already and cant decide between this or a solo. Is it worth the hundred more over the solo?

13. Vape quality are both good. But this thing is just soo much stealthier, sleek, classy, nothing really breakable, and its new. Noone will have it but you. Idk. Its up to you.

14. How is it compared to dabuddah in quality vapor?

15. i personally havent used da buddah in soo long (was my friends not mine) that i cannot say. ill leave that open to somebody else. but all i can say is that your comparing a home vape to a portable vape. i have a feeling the home vape would be better

16. [quote name='"Big Chief 90"']As far as a vape bong. I dont think itd work. Unlike the mflb, it doesnt pour out vape, you have to suck it out a bit. Maybe a gravity vape bong. That would work well because itd pull the vape from the pax and its easy to do. Get a bottle. Some tubing. All set[/quote]

:confused: an mflb works much more poorly for vaporbonging than the pax does. If you find an airtight attachment, it will work fine. Also, if I understand you correctly, you feel the mflb is better because its mostly conduction? And you wouldn't have to pull to create vapor. Not only is the pax also conduction, but convection vapes work fine or better with a bong - you're pulling through a bong as well.

17. i dont feel a mflb is better. i said that because, with the mflb, as it heats up, you can let it flow into your mouth. there isnt really any resistance, but with the pax there is some. i feel like with the mflb it just flows as i breath it in, but with the pax i feel like i have to suck it out. all i was saying was that with it hooked up to a bong, i feel like youd have to pull harder. itd work, but not as well. not really the bong hit you want. if you make a gravity bong, itll pull out the vape itself, and then you can get all the pure vape in the bottle to just shoot into your lungs. Unlike with a bong where you have to pull with your mouth, it wont really fill it. if someone has a video of them using a bong with the pax and has it actually fill and not just flow into your mouth while you pull, id like to see

18. Those videos are out there - but what you're speaking of is conduction vs convection. The mflb creates vapor without you pulling, as does the pax. Not sure you've thought through what you're saying. A gravity bong does pull, but so does a regular bong. In fact a regular bongs pressure is much greater.

19. Let's say I am in the middle of medicating a bowl through my Pax. I take 2 rips and decide I want to stop for a few minutes. Since it is conduction, rather than convection, if I leave the Pax alone for a few minutes, will my bud be burning, thus I am losing vapor? Is there a way to cool it down or shut it off temporarily?

20. [quote name='"mattstermh"']Let's say I am in the middle of medicating a bowl through my Pax. I take 2 rips and decide I want to stop for a few minutes. Since it is conduction, rather than convection, if I leave the Pax alone for a few minutes, will my bud be burning, thus I am losing vapor? Is there a way to cool it down or shut it off temporarily?[/quote]

I do believe it shuts off quickly after being set down. It has an internal motion sensor. In that 30 seconds though its possible there's a bit of vapor loss.