Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Parents Smoke Pot But Wont Let Me? Help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheMindFreak, Jul 1, 2013.

1. #1 TheMindFreak, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    I have done my research, read books, watched documentaries, talked to friends and others from the internet about it. I know my facts and so do my parents. They know every thing there is to know and they have told me they smoke marijuana and they fully support the use of it. My problem is that they won't let me smoke it. They both started around the same age as I am now. Please help me create an argument as to why they should at least let me try it once. I don't want an argument with facts about cannabis because they already know it all. Please help me get my parents to understand where i'm coming from. Thank you!

2. #2 Akademicks, Jul 1, 2013
    It's their house and rules soo not much you can do but to keep stashing.

3. If you are living with your parents then I'm sorry to say but it is a kind of their roof their rules situation.  If they know all the facts and are relaxed about marimjuana consumption, then their reason is that you're too young and most parents that I know don't change their minds easy on that one

4. The text is too long to suit the meme.

5. You're clearly not 18.

/thread end.

6. id say don't jump the gun but yeah "least let me try it once"
    has he even ever smoked it before, and I don't see why they wouldn't let him unless hes under `18

7. Even though everyone on here will probably consider me morally wrong for this one, Unless you're under 15 I would say find a friend or dealer you trust with some, gather your knowledge and wisdom and smoke anyway.

I mean, they smoke too so what are they gonna do? call the cops? That would just fuck everyone over.
    If they get angry just tell them you were interested in this new hobby that you just so happen to have in common with your parents and tell them to deal.
    I started smoking at sixteen and I wasn't allowed, I'm an adult now and my mum and I smoke together whenever I'm in Jacksonville (my hometown) so how bad could it be? Just be honest and do what you think is right, kid.

8. Their house their rules. And your probably not 18.

9. #9 Jumbo, Jul 1, 2013
    I was allowed to, but my younger brother wasn't. My dad smoked too

We smoked together often, while my brother would get into trouble for it.... 

Main reason was he was doing worse than usual in school, getting into trouble with "friends" and being a general idiot. Smoking his room out, making the whole house smell like bud when my grandma was coming over, or when our 4th grade brother was home and in the room next to him....  

Not much we can do, talk to your parents, ask why.... 

Be smart about it, as you already said, they know more than you whether you like it or not. 
    You're young, let time go. You will have lots of time to smoke when the time comes. 

I started at 14 and my dad beat my ass for it lol. I smoked and the house smelled like bud, and he came upstairs kicked my friends out, beat me and told me not to come home until he was at work....  Even though he smoked.... 

I know...couldn't find anything better.  Down it goes.

11. 1.) Tell them you just thought it would be nice to do something that would bring you all closer together. 2.) Buy them a new bong.
    3.) Tell them you can either do it safely with them or out on the streets.

12. To people who are automatically assuming that OP is <18, just remember that in many households rules don't simply vanish as soon as kids turn 18. I'm 20 right now but when I'm home for the summer or breaks I'm still expected to follow certain house rules, ie: no smoking or drinking. That being said, OP I'm sorry to say that there isn't too much you can do about your parents rules while you're living in their house.

13. I bet its a test, like they had to learn to be slick when they were kids so they want you to be slick too. They were young once they know youre going to do it anyway they just want you to be able to get away with it

14. try and make a deal with them. If you're still in school you can tell them you will raise some of your grades...