My parents pastor arrested

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lFourTwenty, Jan 18, 2014.

1. it goes to the church for churchy things and to do the lords work

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. i seriously can't believe people really give 10% of their money away freely. i dont really see any value returned except perhaps sense of community.

and its been going on for so, so long. the history of the vatican has some very dark history. look at borgia during the middle ages

3. I see, it makes sense that gods work would require a fee, some being that one

4. Damn Mormons why you guys be payin for your pastors hoes.

5. They were already here.  But thanks for trying to start a flame war :laughing:

6. is the op talking about a Mormon? I don't think so lol Mormons call them bishops.

7. oh but Mormons pay 10% of their income to the church so I just assumed. :smoking:

8. Yea I think 10% is standard for religions but yea Mormons do the ten percent and also on fast Sunday they give the $ that they would have spent for food

9. Fast offering

10. 10% in the original context of the old testament is understandable but nowadays it's just ludicrous.

11. I believe originally it started as a communal "pot". Religious communities would pool their money together and it was never solely theirs it was everyone. How it turned into giving the church 10% of our income I will never know.

I cant imagine if this had happened at my church. We had a huge gossip scandal that split the church a few years back. A lot of people left.
    As for tithing. We only give $2-$5 a week because its what we could afford. I dont think god would want me giving my grocery money to a church.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it's not OK in the eyes of the church for him to be spending their hard-earned money on prostitutes.

I could see giving money to people who need it, but in this case I know for a fact that he never once gave anything to the poor. His daughter drives a candy paint red 2013 mustang with rims, he drives a brand new 2014 ford pickup truck, his wife drives a brand new armada SUV, he just recently made a down payment on a HUGE mansion-like house, they are literally rolling in the dough.

In no way is this right..by any stretch of the imagination. If anything, he should be living at a lower or equal standard as his church-members, but instead, he has to live like he's a celebrity or some shit. I'm glad he's gone..I also know for a fact that he's a racist, as I've heard him use the N-word before in a conversation.

14. I go to a church the size of two movie theaters, and nobody pays the pastor 10 fucking percent, that's straight up bull shit I would tell him to fuck off. But they do take donations.

15. Damn straight. They look like my rug with my dogs piss stains all over it.

16. #57 SpankyTheCool, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    Religion is revenue kids :) thats a sick story OP, typical, but sick

17. As far as i know, tithes dont actually go to the preacher or at least they shouldnt. Tithes should be going to the building fund like bills or repairs etc

18. Shit, in my hood if your pastor aint pimping, he aint worth shit. 

19. It's probably because her church is full of people in poll pits.