Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My parents found out

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 4smoke2haze0, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Earlier, for the first time in my life, my dad confronted (spelling?) me about smoking weed. He, like every other parent in the world, was pissed off. The only thing is, he smokes more weed then me. The only thing is, he doesn't know that I know he does. I'm only guessing he acted mad to cover up the fact that he smokes. Just like how in the closet gay guys sometimes act homophobic. Anywho, I'm planning to tell him I know about him and my mom's cannabis use. I kind of want to make him feel bad, not to be mean, but because he puts me and my brother down for smoking. I think it's very shitty of him to do that. Oh well. I don't really care that much to be honest, it's just a little weird.

So, what was it like when you got busted by the 'rents? Is it really as big of a deal as people tend to think it is?

2. For me when I got in serious shit my rents were mad for maybe a week the first time and grounded me for a while, itl blow over

3. Just tell your dad, in the politest way possible, that you enjoy recational cannabis use, and that you don't plan on stopping.
    But be respectful, and let him know you won't smoke in the house or be stoned in public, and I'm sure he'll respect you more too.
    Parents are just kids that got older, everyone just wants to be treated with respect.

4. Sounds like your underage for one if your parents are pot smokers and you were over the age of 18 I can't see them going ape shit. I think its cause your not old enough they are getting pissed ahaha

5. 19 actually. Their house, their rules. I'm 99% sure it's because he wants to come off as drug free. Once my brother told my dad that he knew, my dad completely stopped quarreling with him over it. Yea, the man pops pills and drives drunk, but gets mad at me for smoking some weed. Here's the catch though, he's not really mad. It's an act.

6. [quote name='"michael015"']Sounds like your underage for one if your parents are pot smokers and you were over the age of 18 I can't see them going ape shit. I think its cause your not old enough they are getting pissed ahaha[/quote]

This guy :rolleyes: Its always the age police when a parent gets involved...

7. no, you spelled 'dad' right...

8. well wtf are you doing with your life? if your steady holding it down, what could be bad about smoking a little reefer?

9. My point exactly! I would definantly expect a fellow stoner to uhderstand that.

10. If you want my honest opinion, I think that if you are a responsible person, then you should be able to toke. I'm not beneath toking behind your parents back (my rents are ignorantly anti drug) but if you don't have your shit together, I suggest you take some immodium and get that shit tight. ;-)

11. I usually only smoke for medicinal purposes. They know I suffer from insomnia, ADD, and anxiety. All of which weed helps.

12. Really. I could care less about their age as long as they're mature about it. Hell, there's posters on here that are immature dicks who are over 18 and we can't do anything about it (unless they get banned)

13. #13 hhbhagat1417, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    Then who is your dad to tell you that it's not good for you, when you know it helps with your disorders and whatnot. Just explain to him calmly how it helps you, and why you chose weed over OTC and or prescription meds such as Ritalin, Lunesta, etc. For example, if a person was totally anti-illegal drug, and he wanted to sleep, what would be the most logical drug? And if that same person wanted to alleviate his or her ADD symptoms, what would be the most logical choice. All you have to do is explain the why and the how. If he is still anti-weed, then I'm afraid I cant help you because he is your father, and he has the final word as long as you are under his care. Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to explain it, and then proceed from there. maybe he doesn't want you in jail someday because of a careless mistake?

14. [quote name='"purplerhino"']

Really. I could care less about their age as long as they're mature about it. Hell, there's posters on here that are immature dicks who are over 18 and we can't do anything about it (unless they get banned)[/quote]

True that

15. that's the point you'd get punched in the face.

:smoke: jp

16. my parents found out, acted like they were pissed, then drove me 30 minutes to their grow field. Man was i happy, just shrug it off or blackmail him.

17. best day of your life? :D:smoke:

18. He's pissed because you didn't offer to smoke him up, he's your dad, he's not dumb, he knows that you know that he smokes, and for him to know that you know that he smokes, and than knowing that you didn't offer him to join. *rolls eyes* gosh

19. I just wanted to let you know that you spelled "confronted" correctly.
    Good luck with your father.
    As long as you're using weed in a responsible manner and it's not taking over your life, there shouldn't be too many problems.
    Don't speculate about why he was angry - just talk it through.
    If he can't accept it, then keep it out of his sight.

20. Wow bashing your dad publicly saying he pops pills drives drunk and smokes mass weed?

What the hell is wrong with you man? He is your Dad of course he doesnt want you to smoke. Every hear of the saying "do as i say, not as i do"? Well you should start living your life like that bud.

I dont care what your dad does in his freetime, but thats fucked up that you just go on to GC and spill all his secrets because your fiending ass has to smoke.

If you have an issue with the way your parents run their house get a job and move out. Its as simple as that.

Your dad raised you fed you sheltered you and cared for you since you were a kid. And now he is tryin to make sure his kid doesnt turn out like him (pills drunk driving) so hes trying to fix the issue early. Some kids dont even have dads anymore and your crying about how he wont let you smoke? Give me a break.

Sounds like you need to fix your life first before you start talkin about how bad your dads life is.