My Parents found my stash and FREAKED OUT

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Russ35, Mar 30, 2014.

1. You do realize you're and adult complaining about your parent's stance on weed online right? Get your own place if you want independence.

2. If I was in your situation I would have done something about it. Your parents started yelling at you without even hearing your side of the story and refused to hear any of the real facts you had to offer.

In my case, I suffer from mild depression and have since highschool where I used marijuana to cope with it. Without it I don't know where I would be emotionally today. My parents did not confront me about it but if they did I can assure you I would have told them my side of the story and if they didn't listen I would have moved out instantly.

Nobody needs controlling psychopaths in there lives. Its your life not theirs and you are old enough to be making decisions on your own.

3. I hate to be the age police but if you're in 10th grade there's no way you're 18 unless you got held back.

4. I have pretty strict parents myself (I'm asian...), so I get where you're coming from. Clearly your parents are closed to any form of understanding and they are certainly not interested in your opinion on the matter. From their reaction, it's obvious that they feel very strongly about the whole thing.

That said, I've found that the best way to deal with such people (in general, not just parents) is to give them what they want. Tell them you're sorry, you were stupid for doing all that schiit, you regret it, you'll change, blah blah blah... Ultimately, like you said, your grades aren't adversely affected, so why go through all the hassle of dealing with your parents? A little sucking up never hurt anyone, but it sure as hell goes a long way if you do it right.

Once that's done with and you get your life back (read: cellphone), just be smart about toking. Don't do it at home (duhh...), and be more cautious about when/where you toke.

Hope this helps, buddy.

5. #25 shaddytheman, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    Yeah African parents do overreact sometimes (Liberian), but it may have to do with the United States' influence and from there--the domino effect of propaganda happened. I remember one time, I got caught (back in my noob days), my mother immensely checked my eyes, and started crying overexaggerating while my brother was basically talking shit about me comparing me to crackheads, it was a heart-thumping anxious scenario that I just wanted to escape from. They were threatening me to send me to a prison facility for being high. This doesn't happen anymore cause the views of the general consensus are now being shifted, so legalization is coming our way. But still, people have to do some research

6. #26 Russ35, Mar 31, 2014
    maybe bro haha I just needed advice on my situation might as well ask my stoner brothers and sisters  

7. So long dude, it was nice knowing you. :wave:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dude... you're an adult.

Legally, you can walk away and never come back.

9. #29 Mikeeycj, Mar 31, 2014
    Im Kinda in the middle my moms is hella religious so she freaked out when she found out I smoked, but my dad is hella chill with it. Hell, I've blazed with my pops

10. Hey.. my weed smoking ( my drug problems) caused my dad to leave my family.. his words not mine. Its different for everyone.. i dont regret anything though..

11. My folks just found out about mine and are throwing a fit,we're to talk about it tonight,i'm 24,i own a house of my own,i dont live with them,i take care of my bills and some of theirs too,yet i still have to deal with this,weed will destroy your life crap.
    Hey man i just got into the exact same issue myself any advice?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Tell them to have a bowl with you.

13. Old post but Funny stories.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Man up tell them you are an adult, it's your house and they no longer have the right to tell you what to do.

15. My parents somewhat try to do this in a more respectful way from time to time, im older so my parents are much older and there generation either loved it or was scared of it, no inbetween. I tell them i dont wana hear shit, im very succesful, its my only habit if you can call it that, but its my only release for alot of things i battle, i dont even drink caffeine anymore, but my parents never tried it so they think ill have aneedle in my arm by tomorrow BUT they are great people who are only tryin to make sure im ok cause they really just dont know any better other then all the bad they ever heard so they just dont want it to happen to me and i clesrly explain to them its not there place, i appreciate it but yall drink alcohol often which is your choice but mine hasnt destroyed our family the alcohol has on both sides so i tellem if you are too blind or close minded to try it then fine but dont tell me what its like i actually know

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Same thing happened to me 50 yrs ago so this advice has the benefit of hindsight. As long as you live in their home, abide by their rules. If you can't do that it's time to go out and make it on your own. Cannabis will not have a positive effect on your education or your mental acuity. You're lucky to have a set of parents that take your well being seriously no matter how intolerant you think they are. Don't bother trying to reason with your parents because it's a lost cause. Their love for you and concern for your future won't change. Hopefully you'll have a long, happy life and there will be plenty of opportunities to recreate in any manner you like.
    Your best revenge is to get a great education, work hard, become successful, make your parents proud and smoke a fatty on your way home from their house. You'll also have the ability to engage your kids about the subject more rationally than your parents do you.
    You may have to give up reefer in the future for many reasons like employment.
    Get used to it now, life isn't what you want it to be and it certainly isn't fair.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Nobody caught that this kid said he was a sophomore in highschool? Making him about 15-16 years old lol. Yeah, a little too young to be smoking weed at your parent's house bro

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. He was banned for being a minor many years ago. Can you see a line through his name?

:smoke:

19. That’d suck, my dad offered to smoke with me when I was 15, I declined of course bc I was an athlete. I didn’t start smoking until I was out of high school. For a short time after college I stayed with parents. I hid my stuff in several zip lock bags in a safe place I found outside. I’d go for walks to smoke.

20. my mother tried weed for the first time last year at 67 years old. what a goofy bitch. next time I visit them im gonna introduce them to the mighty vaporizer

• Winner Winner x 1