My parents are addicted to tv.

Discussion in 'General' started by Leafin, Nov 17, 2011.

1. That doesn't make them watching the same mindles drab any more jusront tifiable. I had free cable for most of my pstay in this apartment which conveniently cut off as I'm getting ready to move out. First time I've had cable since I moved here to do school 5 years ago. The only commercials dominating the box are CAR INSURANCE and VODKA commercials. Not really the best pair. (Though it was nice to catch wrestling again, despite post-Attitude)Long day or not, there are still tons of things to do. Sure, I get my good shows on sidereel or the occassional Netflix, and this post is coming from a gaming nerd, but myself and others still attempt other things more often. Getting a beer after a long day with a friend, going to see a good band at the venue or even getting up and going to a play/cinema. My wonderful mom isn't a loser for chilling in front of the TV. But she doesn't have to spend 5-6 solid hours doing it.

2. I see your point, but im a lil old school and I dont feel ones children should judge or critisize thier parents, Not there place, Its a respect thing...
    to many folks really dont have respect for others or themselves.. and that was saddens me...:confused:...

my guess is most kids are about 1/2 the age of thier parents, and they might think they know shit but fact is we all get wiser with age and to be judged by a wet behind the ears teen is just fucking funny and sad...:D

3. No no I understand what you mean. I have no disrespect to my mom, she's the best mom my brothers and I could have, and how she supports them and battles the bills is nothing short of admirable. But nobody is immune to faults, and there's nothing detrimental about bringing it to light. She's just not always happy, and binging on TV isn't the best medicine. Its nice to kick back and relax after a long day though. Most of my bitterness to binging on TV comes from me wasting afternoons of my childhod watching TV until bed, but I'm happier having the ability to select my few shows ala Netflix/Hulu. She wants the best for us and the feeling is mutual. I'm not like my teenage brother who bickers to me about our mom getting onto him for grades. That's a whole 'nother thing.

4. yeah my mom watches soap operas, desperate housewives, the good wife....all those super girly shows haha. she records them.

my dad watches sports mainly, along with old movies (usually war, crime, or westerns). and of course the news, he loves that.

they're not that addicted lol, too busy with work for the most part. i have a friends parents who watch tv all day...:cool:

5. Whenever my dad was at home, he'd have to be either sleeping or in the bathroom otherwise he'd be sitting watching t.v. (ate his meals there aswell) aha couldn't fault him for it though, not much else to do at that place .