My Outdoor Plan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by crasha51pan, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Been picking this forum apart, there is so much info here that it becomes overwhelming. Got to the point where you pick and choose what you think will work best for you. I subscribe to the theory of “KISS”, keep it simple, stupid ! Have a limited amount of seeds (3 tries from seed banks, 2 intercepted 1 got through) , have 10 in all that are supposed to be bread for this latitude. I live in the Rocky Mountains at 3000 ft. elev. and the weather can get crazy through spring. Am growing outside, here is what I have come up with….
    Plan to germ the seeds in mid April. There is a lot of opinions on how to do that, I will soak the seeds in “distilled water” for 12 to 18 hours then drop them into regular nursery pots that are 7” high and 6' in diameter filled with:
    Potting Soil Lite (a local mix). Consists of :
    Top Soil, Glacier Gold Compost, Peat, Sand, Perlite/vermiculite
    Get the soil damp, place the seed 3/8” to ½” deep and cover with a clear wrap to hold in the moisture. Set them in a dark, warm place and wait. Once the seeds sprout, I will put outside in the sun during the day and bring them in at night until I'm sure that the danger of frost is gone. Hoping for mid May.
    At this point I will transfer to my outside pots, chose 15 gal. Smart Pots. Going to line the bottom of the Pots with 2” to 3” of pumice then,
    I will fill these with the same “Potting Soil Lite” mix that I used for the small nursery pots "EXCEPT", I plan to add to this mix 1 TBL. Spoon of 100% Natural Organic Bat Guano per gal. of soil mix, 1 TBL. Spoon of 100% Natural Organic Kelp meal per gal. of soil mix and 100% natural Worm Castings ( not sure how much of this to add to a gal. of potting soil).
    Am hoping that at the time I transplant to the SmartPots, the plants will be 6” to 8” high and will handle the enhanced soil mix….At this point, I will stand back and watch nature take it‘s course. Might play with “organic tea mix” at some point…Strain is suppose to be “very mold resistant” and if there is a bug problem, I will consider Neem Oil.
    For any of you “old salts” who might see a problem with “The Plan” or have suggestions…All are welcomed and appreciated !

2. Yeah you got it man! Great plan, now just find water and a spot

3. sounds like a good plan, good luck. keep us posted and if things go well, i want to see the plants!

4. Bravo!

Someone who has done his homework! :hello:

Make sure to keep us posted with a grow journal.

:)

5. First, I got to say, my plan was pieced together from you good folks on this forum. Thanks to all who took the time to share their expertise !

I have the spot, 1 1/2 acre clearing in a dense forest on a 20 acre spread.
    I have the water. one source is from a well that pumps up the coldest, purist water in the range and the other is a spring that gives the sweetest water I have ever tasted.

I will show the end result come this fall.
    [​IMG]

6. water can taste sweet?

7. "water can taste sweet?"

Go to the LA Basin and pour yourself a glass of that rust tinted, chlorine laden swill, now find yourself a cold high mountain spring. Taste....SWEET !!!!

8. Looks like the perfect setting for a h.h. in the Fall (happy harvest!).

9. wow thats nice.. i hope to one day be able to move somwhere like that... this concret jungle is not for me

10. Hey agentSB, hope that´s not your registration number on that Beemer in your sig, LOL.

11. #11 crasha51pan, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    "this concret jungle is not for me "

me either..work on it, it can happen !!

Nice Beemer:

My ride .....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"I'm from the city, a long way from the city"...

"Told my pap and my mam that these here mountains are the marrow of the world, and By God I was right" !!!!!!!!!!!!