My outdoor hydro experiment

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Gilman420, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Hi, just thought I would share my tomato plant I am growing outside on my porch.  I would say it is doing quite well considering my porch only gets direct sun light in the morning and then it's just shaded light after about 3 or 4 hours.  This is my first hydroponic plant I have ever grown :)  I am so proud of myself for not killing it.  I encountered a pH problem I think at first and pulled it out and simply added some more nutes (using fox farm grow big)  and here it is today (I haven't added anymore nutes or done a flush on it at all since like 2 weeks ago LOL)-

View attachment 158130
    View attachment 158131
    View attachment 158132

2. not bad :) post some updated pics

3. Ok, I will later.  I want to show everyone the leaf that is coiling up on it anyway.  I think it wants to flower and it doesn't have enough phosphorus.

4. Wow, I haven't updated this for awhile now. You have to see everything now [​IMG] I got a pic of the monster tomato plant, and the two babies that had gnats, but I think I fixed them [​IMG] also a banana pepper plant.

Attached Files:

5. Got more updates. I found out the two plants on my porch are female, that makes 4 for 4 on bag seed females! Woo Hooo! I took clippings from them too and have them in my kitchen. The two girls stink like a skunk. Check the stem on the bushy one. Oh, and my tomato plant is a beast!

Attached Files: