my outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gr0wer, Jun 19, 2003.

1. top cola :D

Attached Files:

2. another of the top cola

Attached Files:

3. im doing it outdoors next year god dammit, NICE kola top grO you lucky sob! let me know what that sucker weighs in at, looks atleast 3/4 oz! congrads :)

4. LOL dread :D

The worst part its probably only about 1/2 of dry buds if im lucky because i had to cut about 3 nice sized nugs off it because of mold! :( At leats the rest of the colas are unmoldy and my final harvest will be almost moldless because its going to be a week of nice warm sunny weather. I think total harvest for this plant will weight out to 4 oz easy... :D

5. man.... bud shots are the best..... I can stare over the last 2 pages of my thread for hours and just smile. :D then look in my closet and smile even more. I cant wait till friday when the rest comes in :D

6. after final harvest and weigh in i will write a "sum it all up" what i did wrong in my grow (newbie stuff mainly) what i learned from my grow and what i observed from growing in 2 diffrent spots.

7. cool, cool, since next year ill need something to fall back on as a guide. i cant gauge weed weight when its wet, i should be able to though, from guessing the weight of wet shrooms to dried. got pretty good at that. will you use the paper bag method to dry the final harvest?

8. no ithink jars a far better. the bags allowed it to dry ot too fast and also they stink unlike jars. jars i can hide in my room and then just air them out with a fan blowing out the window. and also they have to go into jars anyways so i just seal it up once there cured instead of having to go from the bag to the jar. for now I hang the buds in a 2'x2'x1' cardboard box with 3 strings running across it for hainging. i keep the top on it for the first 2 days then open one of teh flaps up about 2" for another 2 days, then one flap all teh way open for the last day, by then they are ready to go into the jars feeling a bit crispy and thin but they fluff back up when they are in the jar. It takes about a week in the jars to finish the cure then it will get sealed for another 2 weeks.

9. okay, ive been reading up on the curing. i guess ill be done with the indica cured and all right before my bday :) you havent sampled yet have you or youre waiting before after cure?

10. Harvest was yesterday and it took 7 hours of me trimming buds and 4 hours of help. I hooked my friend up with a nice small cola at about 5-6g for helping.

I sampled some of the buds from 2 weeks ago with him and he liked the flavor and so did I. A bit harsh because it was only done curing a week ago adn it only had a week of storage. Its a candy sweet flavor with a bit of a sweet/skunky smell but more on the sweet side. The high was a 70/30 head and body so i figgure what i harvested yesterday should be around 60/40 stone wich is just what im looking for.

Final total weigh in will be sometime next week when its not going to stink up my house when i take it out of the drying closet. It stinks the whole house up like a skunk for hours :D

All the colas top leaves turned a nice purple and some of the bud tops were purple too. It looked like purple flowers from above.... soooo nice. :D

11. please more pics of them in the jar!

12. i vapes some of my buds last night i vaped 4 packing to my head. the last packing i let it vaoe for a while and build up. then i took the hit exhaled and it hit me like afucking hammer. It came on so nice and fast and was so mellow. Ive vaped befor but its never hit me this hard before. I just had to tell you guys how nuts these buds are. Cant want to make some hash :D. Pics later this week of the dry harvest. right now ther hainging in my cardboard box and i vent them for 2 hours a day tomorrow i will vent for 12 hours but not fulle open, just one flap open. The cardboard box stealth drying meathod i made seems to be a kick ass simple idea :D

13. For those of you who dont know i had a continuation of the mold problem in the drying box. I guess i missed a few mold spots and i got colas that had 1-3 nugs with grey mold all over it.

The total yeild was 2.3 oz of good bud and 1.2oz of moldy buds and 1.2 oz of good trim. The high is nice but the smoke can be a bit harsh if you take a masive bong hit, not enough t maek me cough of course LOL ;) its just good some awsome mids. the smell is so skunk sive never smelt anything like it. I made some weed carmel with it (tasted like shit) and the next 2 days my shits stanked of skunk so bad i was gaging at the shitter :D

I already smoked about 3/4 oz between me and my friends. so im defently going to need ot set up my 70w indoor scrog grow to renew my stash after 4/20 if it even lasts me that long.

14. buds

Attached Files:

15. up close

Attached Files:

16. hey gro, were the budz in the jar fluffy at one time? or did they finally compress up to what they appear to be in the jars? 7 hrs for a trim? what the hell were you doing? lol? im guessing you cut every single fan leaf including stem up to the main stem on the kolas?

17. It growing your own Ganja wonderful!!!Peace!!!

18. dred, yea thats what your suposed to do so i trimmed almost all of the leaves off and all teh small resin coverd ones i cut them flush with the bud. They are still a bit fluffy but i packed them in a bit so they arent extremly fluffy. if i wqant them to get hard i just put htem in a bag in my back pocket and sit down for abotu 5 min and there thigh as hell. its nice to haev fluffy buds because it hits better and also when i sell a bag (only sold 2 so far cuz im not trying, not enough) it looks bigger when it normal sized and they think they got hooked up big.

Thanks shade and yea it is great pete :D

19. those look like some tasty buds man, good grow! i just love them when theyre still fluffy like that...mmmm