my outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gr0wer, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Cut off your obviously infected leaves, and use either a homemade or store bought insecticide before it spreads even more.

2. I think its mosquitos becasue i saw one eating one of the weird leves today. I sprayed some water with a drop of ajax in it ive heard of using joy but ajax should work right? I Just came back from diging but i stoped becasue i dont think the soil is any good. Its about 40% sand. What do you guys think should i transplant it into a 5 galon bucket or dig it in? the sand may make too much drainage and suck the plant dry too quick and i only want to go back to water once a week once in flower.

3. the soil

Attached Files:

• p.jpg
      p.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  4. I was looking at my plants nodes for pre flowers and i noticed some new developmets in the nodes on 2 of the plants. I was just looking at the preflower FAQ at overgrow for confirmation. And....the preflowers are small.... but it seems i have 2 females showing sex! KICKASS! :D

I know the plant thats all wet in the pic is a female and i think the other one was the trained one with the bug problem or it may be the one in the blackberrys,(+ganja = - short term memory)

5. Dude, you will be good with the sand. Just cover the area you did with some dead grass or something like that. It helps keep the soil moist. Ive got some growing in clay......some in sand some in black soil........they all are doing fine with the help of 12-12-12 and water once every 3 weeks.

6. I decided im going to triansplant my 2 remaining plants into 5 gal buckets. I decided this because the break in the conopy isnt big, and i would rather move it with the movement of the sun so it can get the most light for veg and flower.

7. Put 2 or 3 drops of vegetable oil along with a drop or two of dish soap per quart of water. Use this as a spray, misting both sides of the leaves. Repeat every4 days until the condition improves, then drench the plant daily to clean it off.This should help!

8. My loupes and 'scopes are indispensable tools in the service of plant health, as well as determiation of tricome progress.
    Another is to bookmark any of the many pest/disease ID sites being offered all around us.
    But I tend to think it is powdery mildew, and yes, remove all infected material. Insufficient direct light on lower leaves causes excessive moisture residue. Depending on other climatic conditions, you get either blight or powdery mildew (unless you are a fern or bullrushes. In one picture, you diagnosed overwatering, which is very likely, concidering what you tell about the rain, and the lack of good drainage, but don't rule out overfert. From your notes you have been ferting frequently throughout their lives. An overferted plant will often hold its blades out very stiffly for a day or two, then begin to fold down the middle vein, then the tips begin to curl under. By then much damage has been done, and salvage is labor intensive and not always successful.
    You won't kill your plant by UNDER-ferting. You must become very aware of how your garden grows, until you realize the plants have a form of body language which tells you they are thirsty, or need ferting, or suffer from an assault by environmental factors.
    How are the li'l darlins these days? C U...eg

9. Your last pics aren't showing up for me, so I can't say for sure what your problem might be.What I can say is, mosquitos don't eat plants, they feed on the blood of mammals. If you saw one on your plant it was just using it for shelter. As for spidermites, they are hard to see, but they do leave little spidery looking webs on your plant. Hence the name "spider" mite.

10. You guys know your stuff. That's why I come back here. A very informative nucleus of people. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

11. Im planing on buying a magnification glass soon, but for now my eyes work ok for preflowers. i realy havent been ferting that much ive been only using 10-10-10, The directions are 1 tsp per gal for indoor and 2 tsp for outdoor, ive been giving them 3/4 stregth indoor(3/4 tsp) until my last watering when i gave it full strenght indoor (1 tsp). I havent burnt one yet! :)

My preflowers have a bulge grwoing under them. Do the plants usualy bulge where the proflowers come out? I will take pics soon and try to zoom in on the prefowers.

12. Ive been looking into airlayering and i think im going to do this instead of watercloning because its faster and the clones will be be bigger. Im going to try one sometime this week.

13. Looks great keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!1

14. I just came back from a mad dash into the woods to water while mom was out geting lunch (sory no time for pics, will do next week while air-layering).

2 days go i transplanted the thick stemed one into a 5 gal bucket using scotts poting soil. I olny used 6liters of water and it didnt run out the bottom. What happened was the poting soil absorbed all the water out of the compost mix that it was growing in, the middle soil was rock hard after 2 days. So what i did was water with 5 liters (thistime it ran out the bottom) and threw some poting soil on top and 1" of leaves. Lesson learned: Dont mix soils, use the same soil start to finish.

I mentioned earlier i just started to use stronger ferts, and today the tall untrained one grew a good 7 inches over the last 2 days! This is the fastest growth ive seen yet!

I guess i lucked out because today i found out i have 3 females! The bad part is i dont have any males to make seeds with. Could someone help a gr0wer in need out, and please PM me if they can mail me some pollen? Nice genetics would be cool but bagseed will do because im growing bagseed anyways. Thanks!

15. New pics :)

Attached Files:

16. plant 2 (i know, i have to paint the bucket, just transplanted )

Attached Files:

17. plant 3

Attached Files:

18. Thanks! Harvest will be sometine in early-mid october.

19. i like you stick method grower, but the base of the plant looks to be having alot of stress on it. I cant belive this is your first grow it's done very well. can't wait till we start to see the buds :)

20. Thanks cloudman. Its a good grow but I still screwed up with the one i transplanted with too much compost. Growth is slow on it and its a female, Im probably going to loose half my yeild on her because of my mistake with the soil. The other 2 are good though :)