Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My other post got lost so Im trying again

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ScruffyCakes, Oct 1, 2014.

1. So I'll try and make this short.  I'm an 18 year old in Ontario Canada thinking about applying for medical marijuana.  As it stands I've suffered from depression, anxiety, and slight insomnia.  It mostly all started when my father died of a heart attack in front of me in high school.  shortly after my doctor prescribed me prozac which did nothing but make things worse.  I found myself in the hospital for over a month for downing my bottle.  during treatment at the hospital, they moved me on to a new antidepressant/anxiety pill called cipralex  of which I rarely use as I feel very emotionless when I use it(zombie like).  He also has me using a sleeping pill but whenever I take it (I've had the same bottle for about 4 months now) I end up staying up or in some cases vomiting it out.  Leaves a nasty metallic taste.  
    \nLately my depression has taken hold me of yet again and terrible thoughts cross my mind, particularly when I'm near trains or waiting for my bus to go to work.  I've read up plenty on the benefits of medical marijuana but I'm wondering if my family physician would even grant it to me.  I've known him for about 5 years and he's always been nice but I'm not even sure if he could even grant it.. 
    \nCould anyone clear this out for me? I've walked to his office two times this week but I always fall short of asking questions because I get nervous..
    \nThanks.

2. If you're to the point of considering suicide you should definitely talk to your doctor. I would wonder if he would prescribe mmj

rather than some sort of therapy. 

Personally, I would try to sort out my thoughts before using any more psychoactive substances...

Good luck.

3. I hear what you mean and understand.  It's just the last time I was high last Saturday, I had just got off work and was considering to do something very stupid with myself.  however once one of my friends called me outside and offered me a bowl it was almost like my mind was sorting my thoughts out and making sense of itself.  Feeling a lot better about my perspective I went home and slept.  The next day it was almost like it all restarted and I would refuse to listen to my own reason.  

I just hope I am able to receive it to stop this madness that is almost corrupting me and alienating myself from my piers.

4. you need to talk to a professional buddy. it is unfair for you to have to feel so bad and to feel so lost. hang in there bro and talk to someone. if you are talking with a mental health professional and you dont like them then ask for / get another one. about 3 years ago i was in the same place as you minus the suicide attempt. i can honestly tell you that getting the right people to help me with my problems made all of the difference in the world. don't give up man, hang in there, it can get better if you let it. it all starts by talking to a professional, one that you relate to.
    hang in there homie! :metal:

5. Hey scruffy whats up. Im gona be honest with you. Ur never gona get ur dr to prescribed you medicinal. Your best bet is to go to the 420 shop on dundas in the east end and talk to them guys. And there gona tell you to come back when ur 19. With ur conditions ull have no problem throu thoes guys but its gona cost you. It will be 300$ outa your pocket. Like 100 for them and 200 for the dr they will send you to. You will have to go see him once a year near toronto and he will write you your script. Iys not covered either. You still have to pay for it and price hasent come down yet because ontario is still fresh into the industry. Feel free to ask any questions you have. And with the prozac how long were you on it befor u decided to down the whole bottle takes a month to kick in and you still need to find your dose.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden

6. I've totally been there. At one point, it didn't matter where I was going, if I was in the car, every five minutes I'm either hoping for an accident or imagining a life threatening one. Passing by road kill was impossible without crying. Til finally, something gives and you seek help, because, DAMMIT you're an awesome person, and deep down you know that this is some fucked up shit no one should have to go through. Depression is also like an addiction, it becomes comforting in its sadness to the point you forget what it's like to be happy, and then being happy feels too weird, and you go back to the comfort of unhappy. *sigh*

I'd like to tell you that cannabis will make it go away, but it doesn't, it just makes it a LOT easier to deal with. I'd ask for Sativex if you want to appeal to his doctoryness, and it could work really well for you. 

But, short answer, yes, talk to your doctor. And if he's not down, talk to another one. Depression CAN be managed with cannabis, and management is all their ever trying to get out of any other pill, because they know there is no cure. But those pills just leave you totally incapable of feeling anything but nothing, which feels very much like depression already. I couldn't take it anymore. Best decision ever was to apply cannabis medicinally. 

oh, and watch the sleeping pills too. I mean we all need sleep, but they can make it worse by depressing your nervous system. 

You exercise much?

7. #7 Galaxy420, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    work to find/understand your spiritual side/nature. I have personally seen people become enlightened into their soul aspect and grow beyond their limiting restraints as human only. once you have a seemingly coherent grasp of your soul you will never feel alone or down, the soul will fullfill you more than anything possibly could in this life. everything else you will notice is just happenstance- your soul is the only real thing

edit, once you connect with soul every second becomes a miracle

8. im in the same boat as you with depression and shit, weed wont make it go away. i use medicinal meds to help cloud my mind from thinking those things, but it doesnt make them go away. no matter the strain ive used. in my state you cant even get medical mj for depression (maine). good luck and i hope life treats you better soon.