My Organic Soil Mix : Please Give Me Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tannersmith, Feb 17, 2010.

1. So before i go shopping for all the ingredients to my fully ORGANIC soil mix i would like to run it by everyone at GrassCity to see what oyu all think. I will have 5 gallons of mix per plant (maybe add some native soil and sand too)

The base mix is
    25G Coco Coir 50%
    15G Perlite verm 30%
    10G Worm Casting 20%
    2 cup lime
    (i was wondering if this would make it too basic becuase i heard coir is more neutral that peat moss)

Then Ill be adding

3.5L High N Guano
    3.5L High P Seabird Guano (should i buy bat instead? I already have some of this, i might mix the 2)
    0.75L Greensand
    0.75L Kelp Meal
    0.75 AlfAlfa Meal

Polymers (How much polymer crystals should i add per gallon of soil and where would i get these)

I will bring in 2 teas Of both Veg and Flower mix

Veg Tea

2 tbs Alfalfa
    1 tbs alfalfa
    1 tbs epsom salts
    1 tbsp kelp meal
    4 tbsp worm casting ALLL PER GALLON OF WATER

Flower Tea

P Guano
    Rock Phosphate NOT SURE OF QUANTITY YET
    Kelp Meal

Please Help With anything i should add, remove or change, if not i will head to the store.

2. I would rather use Peat Moss in that mix and just perlite not vermic, Coco coir doesn't hold water very good meaning you will have to water your plants a whole lot more. Obviously if you use moss you need to use 2-3 tbs per gallon of pulverized lime. Coco coir is light, but it doesn't hold water and neither does perlite making that soil mix a little too light on the moisture holding department.

3. thanks, i was hoping i could use coir becuase it would be easy to pack (couple kilometers to the site) is there a way i could make it possible ie. no perlite just vermiculite, extra polymer crystals?

4. umm if i were you i would just make the effort to lug some peat, because if you go coco it will be easier lugging it the first time, but then you will have to lug water every 3 or so days if it doesn't rain. I'm not experienced in coco growing, but i've looked at other peoples threads and they all seem to indicate that you have to water a shit ton.

5. Alright thanks ill probably do that, any other ideas