My OPINION and LOGIC towards Gun Laws and Mass Shootings in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MakaveliArts, Feb 20, 2013.

1. So there have been 16 Mass Shootings in the U.S. during 2012, totaling up to 88 victims. This sounds like a good reason to take away/ strictly limit our right to bear arms, right? Wrong. Not to trivialize it but does 88 people sound like a lot to you?

The US Gov't kills more US citizens than that in a month, assassinating them with no type of due process involved. How about Operation Fast & Furious? THOUSANDS died because of the Gov'ts poor choices. At the Happy Land fire there were 87 casualties, that's just an example of one sick psycho at work. I could go on forever with how many innocent people the Gov't/Psychos kill.

Yet all of the ignorant people in our country turn towards the people SLAUGHTERING us to "fix" the problem. Oh yeah, the answer is simple. Take away our ability to defend ourselves from slaughter, of course! I can argue any point any person could make in favor of taking away our ability to defend ourselves.

Maybe if, at some of the mass shootings, there were armed citizens, they could of protected themselves and the unarmed victims around them. Maybe, if at a school for example, where NOBODY has any weapons to defend themselves with, each teacher had a firearm and knew how to use it & were mentally sane, they could have killed the psycho before he could walk through each classroom slaughtering poor innocent children perhaps?

Don't fear guns. Fear people. Fear the people that will kill you for no good reason, and disarm you so you can be killed for no good reason with ease, while you have no ability to defend yourself.

By the way, I've never even owned a firearm. Hopefully I'll be able to arm myself to protect myself and my unarmed friends/family/fellow Americans, that is unless ignorant AMERICANS ALLOW THE GOV'T TO TAKE AWAY MORE OF OUR RIGHTS.

DEFEND YOURSELF, not DESTROY OUR ABILITY TO DEFEND OURSELVES. 88 lives lost will not compare to how many people will die because of this. And maybe some of those 88 lives could of been saved, if you were there, armed and ready to PROTECT yourself and others around you. Death & Fear is nothing new. You are just sensitized and ignorant and you are the cause of your own weakness and eventual death.

Be strong. A moment of silence TO ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN UNJUSTLY MURDERED. Not just the ones you see on the news...

2. Sounds about right. This country is soo fucked. Lol saw news coverage for hours last week bout the guy who drak water. Lol cus that shits news. Oh well whatever happens happens. There is no stopping this corruption train, right?

3. Damn straight!

4. We needa be careful, or Obombers gonna drop a p-missle on this thread.

5. Were all subject to laws. Many laws. First and foremost were subject to the laws of physics and nature. We cannot change them.

No man made law or written law can stand up to laws of nature.

Humans are mammals. Our species owes its biological evolution and entire existence to nature.

Self preservation instincts have made huge impacts on the characteristics of all species. We owe many of our traits to survival. All species defend themselves and have self preservation instincts. You cannot deny this. Salmon dont rely on birds to defend themselves from bears.

The entire idea, that you would give up your PERSONAL SAFETY or basic survival instinct, and rely on law enforcement agents(who arent legally bound to protect ) to protect you is entirely anti-human.

Also, we live on earth. Which is a planet in the solar system. Safety is an idea generated by men. You have no natural or god given right to be safe or protected. Wilderbeasts have no natural right to be safe. A cheetah could attack at any moment. This is a basic principle of life on earth. Your an animal, its up to you to survive. Duh. Only you guarantee your PERSONAL SAFETY. Defend yourself. No written law will trump this law of nature.

Stripping people of defence is authoritarianism not liberal, and in every case in history leads to death of innocence much higher than the death toll from the weapons initially.

Pro-gun control is a dying argument. Its losing even on a national level. Its a joke that people are still beating this dead horse of gun control.

6. This forum is such a circlejerk, it's hilarious.

7. Then theres the door sir. Please don't let it hit your ass.

8. Well you sure got me there.

9. Dude I agree! [​IMG]

10. wanna touch my penis? :wave::smoking:

11. This thread just got alot better. Anyone wanna touch my penis?

12. mass murder problem is not a gun problem at all.

it is just a very convenient way for the government to restrict our freedoms.

i do not buy into the theories that the government is behind these mass murders, but i do believe that government is using this as a leverage to stir up the whole "gun control" issue.

just like in 2001 we had "the antrax" scare (wtf happend with that?) and government was using that as a scare tactic as an attempt to allow ad-hoc federal searches of mail.

the same scare tactics go all the way back to roman emprie.
    create/fabricate a problem where people feel helpless and butt in with government regulations to "fix" things. that shit doesn't work.

any society that's willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and will lose both.

13. Yeah, I'd have to agree that the political figures whom are advocates of gun control are really placing restrictions on regular folks.

Most of these 'lone-wolf' individuals were seeing a psychiatrist that was prescribing them uppers/downers know to cause mania, paranoia, aggression, and thoughts of suicide.

Why is the emphasis being solely placed on guns?

What about the dangers these drugs pose and the irresponsibility of professionals continually prescribing unsafe drugs to unstable patients?

14. those are products of the pharmaceutical companies, which place billions of dollars in government's pockets.

but if you speak up about that part of the puzzle, most people consider you a conspiracy theory nut or they just can't make a connection.

unfortunately it only takes one brain cell to figure that: gun = kill = bad

anything beyond that, which requires a little thinking is too much for many.

15. #16 EddieTheHead, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    Never you worry, you'll always be able to get guns, which is the great futility of gun control. You might just be labeled a criminal for wanting to defend yourself somewhere down the line.

16. True that.

Most people whom vote let others do the thinking for them. Many give into their emotions, accepting without a second thought what they're told by mainstream media and politics. People don't recognize what happens when they attempt to pass on their own responsibilities onto a group of individuals whom are looking for every chance to double-cross them.

17. for those of you wanting to lower the age of anything let this stand as an example

even if they were illegal...

we all started smoking an illegal substance when we were younger that didnt stop us

http://www.9news.com/news/article/80433/0/Murder-suicide-was-apparent-result-of-teen-breakup?odyssey=obinsite

Colorado Springs Police say the suspect, 17-year-old Andrew Brown, had a relationship with a fellow Doherty High School student, a 16-year-old girl. The girl had recently terminated the relationship, which had caused her some concerns.

On Monday at about 1 p.m., police say the 16-year-old girl called another 16-year-old friend, a home-schooled boy, asking him to pick her up from Doherty High School.

The 16-year-old boy arrived shortly after 1 p.m. with three other teenage friends in a car driven by one of those friends, 18-year-old Michael Fisher. After picking up the 16-year-old girl and her 16-year-old home-schooled friend, the five teens drove off in a blue Ford Explorer.

A short time later, the teens discovered they were being followed by Brown, who was tailing them in a blue Chevrolet Suburban, according to police.

At about 1:18 p.m., authorities say they received their first emergency calls from two of the teenagers in the Ford Explorer. Police say at this point, the two SUVs were engaged in a "rolling disturbance" at San Miguel and Murray Boulevard, heading south on Murray.

According to witness accounts, Brown had brandished a shotgun and then rammed into the back of the Ford Explorer, in an apparent attempt to push them forward.

Meanwhile, the information which was coming in to the Colorado Springs Police was also being relayed to the Stetson Hills and Sand Creek Divisions, who were then dispatched in an attempt to intercept the disturbance.

Dispatchers in the Communication's Center specifically gave the teens directions on how to reach the Sand Creek Division, which was the nearest police station.

After the two SUVs passed Airport Road on Murray, approaching Crestline, Brown pulled up alongside Fisher's Explorer. Brown fired the shotgun in the direction of the Explorer, striking the 16-year-old home-schooled boy, according to authorities.

Police say Fisher immediately stopped his Explorer and the remaining occupants fled the SUV, while other witnesses attempted to help the 16-year-old boy.

While this was happening, Brown made a U-turn and drove back to the north side of Fisher's Explorer, parking in a way that he blocked traffic. Police say Brown then got out of his Suburban and began firing additional shots.

Fisher was shot multiple times and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the El Paso County Coroner's office.

"He just shot the boy and when the boy was on the ground he shot him again. Then he shot the other guy and the girl started running up the hill and that's all I saw until I kinda like ducked back around," witness Stephanie Edwards told KOAA.

Police say Brown then confronted his 16-year-old former girlfriend, assaulting her with the butt of his shotgun.

"The shooting had stopped and he was beating her with the gun," said Edwards.

Brown then dropped the empty shotgun and walked back to his Suburban.

As he reached the driver's side of his SUV, the first officer was approaching the scene, but the officer could not see through the Suburban's windows because they had a very dark tint.

The officer ordered Brown to show his hands, but instead Brown reached into the Suburban, pulled out a second shotgun and fatally shot himself.

Authorities pronounced Brown dead at the scene. His death was ruled a suicide.

Fisher's death, which was ruled a homicide, was the 21st murder in Colorado Springs in 2007, according to the county coroner.

The 16-year-old home-schooled boy was transported to Memorial Hospital where he was listed in critical condition. He was later transferred to Denver Health Medical Center.

9NEWS has chosen only to release the names of the teens who were killed in this incident.

18. #19 jas43, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    The funniest part about the anti gun group is that they KNOW that they'll never be able to confiscate or disarms the American populace.
    Even with their police forces and goon squads.
    The majority of the military and overall civilian numbers are on our side.

Legislate and complain all you want but you're fighting a losing battle.

Try to take it a step further and you'll be losing an even more serious battle.

Good luck bros and sis'

19. There are other ways to prevent shooting than taking away rights.

People forgot that the ONLY reason we have the second ammendment.

Is to protect citizens from GOVERNMENT

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app