My official quit of nicotine.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SuperCalum, Nov 23, 2011.

1. The best way to quit is to just go cold turkey; no gum, no sprays, patches NO NICOTINE REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS. If you are trying to stop, then why stop with more nicotine????? Quitting like that just turns into a long and tedious process with extended withdrawls and cravings and less money in your pocket and chances are within a few months of that you will start smoking again and be back at square one:(

Go out and buy some weed with the money that you would spend on cigs

Just be really baked of your ass for about a week. Yeah, you'll still have cravings but they won't be as urgent to fufill. (nicotine cravings peak at around 3-4 days but then diminsh)

You use the money that you save from not smoking cigs to fund more dank, and then the healing process continues.

The worst part about stopping smoking is that nictotine cravings will be with you for a long time. I haven't smoked in over a year and i still get them, but it's just more of a thought rather than an urge.

You can do this OP. You will be glad when you succeed

2. bought a pack after i left my house last night... only smoked 3, probably not smoking any today or not until late at least....

3. does anybody else not even crave cigarettes once throughout the day, but continues to smoke them everyday just for the enjoyment of smoking something?

I never feel addicted to ciggarettes, and I know when I'm addicted to something. I've been smoking for a while now too and pretty heavy at times.....but I've taken month breaks no problem.

I Know if addiction is different for everyone, but its not something i worry bout with ciggs for some reason

4. Just gave away 120 of them cigarettes, left with 20. They are staying there, I will admit I have had 11 today. The stress is too much.
    Im gonna ease my way off, no way I can go cold turkey.

5. Two years smoking nothing but the herb, every time I taste one it's horrible compared to the sweet taste of my ganj.

Good luck on quitting.

6. I'm in the same boat as you pal, craving so much I can't sleep right now :mad: I had a 20 left but in the end I just ended up snapping them all for chip man, if you do the same it makes it easier as there is no temptation..... keep it up anyway mate, goodluck!

(only way to quit cigs is to cold turkey btw, I speak from experience ;), or just blaze up everyday and then try to cut back on that too.)

7. [quote name='"Ghostfacetokah"']

I'm in the same boat as you pal, craving so much I can't sleep right now :mad: I had a 20 left but in the end I just ended up snapping them all for chip man, if you do the same it makes it easier as there is no temptation..... keep it up anyway mate, goodluck!

(only way to quit cigs is to cold turkey btw, I speak from experience ;), or just blaze up everyday and then try to cut back on that too.)[/quote]

Ah my mate was saying the same, saying about the nicorettes just making you crave more. Hopefully I'll go smoke free this weekend but I can never tell. Will try and have none at all today. Thanks for the post mate!

8. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Another aid for quitting is tincture of lobelia! It should run you less than $15 an ounce, even at "rip-off" stores. You only need like 10 drops at a time, so it goes a long way. Lobelia is the base ingredient of many stop smoking products!

Lobelia has chemicals that are similar to nicotine- enough so that it can trigger the nicotine receptors in your brain! But lobelia has one BIG advantage over nicotine- it is NOT addictive! You can silence your "screaming" nicotine receptors with lobelia, but not get addicted!

You can usually get lobelia tincture at any good sized health food store. If they don't carry it, you can order it online. Here is an article about lobelia by a doctor.

Kick cigarettes naturally: I need to quit smoking. My sister tried lobelia and said it worked. Is that safe, or is there another herb I can try? - Ask the experts: answers to your questions from the leaders in natural medicine - Brief Article | Natur

Best of luck to all of you!

Granny[/quote]

That's quite interesting, never heard of that before! What is it like? Like additives? Thanks again going to look that up!

9. [quote name='"Once_a_while"']The best way to quit is to just go cold turkey; no gum, no sprays, patches NO NICOTINE REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS. If you are trying to stop, then why stop with more nicotine????? Quitting like that just turns into a long and tedious process with extended withdrawls and cravings and less money in your pocket and chances are within a few months of that you will start smoking again and be back at square one:(

Go out and buy some weed with the money that you would spend on cigs

Just be really baked of your ass for about a week. Yeah, you'll still have cravings but they won't be as urgent to fufill. (nicotine cravings peak at around 3-4 days but then diminsh)

You use the money that you save from not smoking cigs to fund more dank, and then the healing process continues.

The worst part about stopping smoking is that nictotine cravings will be with you for a long time. I haven't smoked in over a year and i still get them, but it's just more of a thought rather than an urge.

You can do this OP. You will be glad when you succeed[/quote]

I have heard from a few people that I should just go cold turkey, I thought that I should but then thought the factor of.. I smoked a lot a day. I think I'm more addicted to the nicotine than the fact of smoking, and I think just going cold turkey would kill me. I don't really want to substitute cigarettes with weed either this close to Christmas (money is tight) so I'm in a bit of a fettle. Thanks for your post mate!

10. [quote name='"[[jamminout']]"]

bought a pack after i left my house last night... only smoked 3, probably not smoking any today or not until late at least....[/quote]

Did you smoke anymore mate?

11. [quote name='"smokeyeyes12"']does anybody else not even crave cigarettes once throughout the day, but continues to smoke them everyday just for the enjoyment of smoking something?

I never feel addicted to ciggarettes, and I know when I'm addicted to something. I've been smoking for a while now too and pretty heavy at times.....but I've taken month breaks no problem.

I Know if addiction is different for everyone, but its not something i worry bout with ciggs for some reason[/quote]

I use too, but as soon as you start enjoying smoking and you do it more and more the addiction creeps up on you. It did to me, as soon as I started smoking around 15-20 a day when I had a few penny's lying around I began to get slowly but surely addicted. How many you smoke a day mate?

12. [quote name='"Pew"']Two years smoking nothing but the herb, every time I taste one it's horrible compared to the sweet taste of my ganj.

Good luck on quitting.[/quote]

I don't want to replace smoking with ganja, I smoke weed for my high and to enjoy it. I don't want to have it when I get nicotine cravings because psychologically addiction doesn't need a chemical. It's all in the mind.

13. Stop making excuses for you to smoke more.

Ask yourself; do you want to quit?

If yes, then FUCKING QUIT!

Be hard on yourself and don't bullshit yourself.

14. [quote name='"VapeMasterFlex"']Stop making excuses for you to smoke more.

Ask yourself; do you want to quit?

If yes, then FUCKING QUIT!

Be hard on yourself and don't bullshit yourself.[/quote]

I want to quit, obviously. But how can you quit when every 20 minutes I have the urge to have a smoke? May I ask .. Do you smoke?

15. Just got myself some Nicorette Gum, half price wowzorz.
    Its pretty decent, and has took my mind off smoking but not a massive amount, like it has enough for me to be like nah I don't want one when other times Id be like Might aswell but It hasn't put it out my mind completely.
    Which I suppose is a good thing, but none the less!
    No more than 15 a day and theres a technique to chew them? :eek:
    Whatever next.

16. I feel so bad for you guys. I smoke probably 10 a day on average and i have quit for weeks at a time without any problems. I slept fine never had night sweats didn't dream about it or anything. Sure when i got bored i wanted to go out n smoke but i just played some starcraft or something to occupy me. I have found that i smoke more out of boredom and nostalgia than the actual nicotene.

Now my cousin on the other hand quit and he had dreams of cigarettes talking to him and dreams of smoking. He also had night sweats n shit it was insane i'm so glad my body has a very minimal addiction factor. Only thing i've ever been hooked on was opiates since i took them for years to sleep and due to multiple surgeries. I can't even take the stuff for a day w/o feeling withdrawals the second i come down.

17. 60 in 2 days?? jesus those lungs must be black as night

18. That's why I quit. You soon find out that the addiction's real, it just takes longer for cravings to kick in for some people. Myself included.

19. Tell me about it, horrible mate.
    Had 1 today I'm proud, off out later on though so I ain't looking forward to a smoke free night!
    Smokers area in nightclubs are a killer :/

20. I was in them boots about a year ago like haha.
    Its when you start relying on them is the main problem. Mines stress tbh.
    How long you stopped for mate?